Do you guys recommend warranty on pc builds?

Endangered species

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
Iv been reading up on my parts for my build and iv seen people who have experienced problems with parts at times months after there purchase. So i was thinking that what of i get a defective part for my build and did not put warranty. Since im only 16 Ill only be working part time for my build and after im done building ill quit the job but of course putting warranty on all my parts is adding up more money and i would have to work alot more so would you guys recommend warranty and will it be worth it on the long run?

depends on the warranty of the parts in the pc. if there oem parts most have 30 days to one year on them from the place the pc maker buys them from. retail parts can have a longer warranty. one trick to warranties were some credit cards used to 2x the standard warranty if a credit card was used. see if dads credit card still has that feature. when i worked at micro center the warranties were insurance policy..they were 100 percent money makers for the store..but were not worth the paper they were written on for the customer. if a pc died and there tech could not fix it i seen them replace it with cheaper pc. in todays pc if you use good parts there only two parts that can die on you at any time..one is a ram stick...like cpu they make 1000 or so chip per wafer and some do go bad over time. if a stick does go bad there cheap and most time have long warranties on them. (lot of retail dimms have life time). the other part is your hard drive. as long as the drive was handle right and the pc not dropped hard in shipping to you most drives will last a few years of normal use without issues. as long as people one a year open there cases and blow the dust out and check the fans...most pc even the cheaper dells and hp will last 3-4 years with out any issues. most tech will tell you they see more fan go bad over time on gaming rigs then big parts like the mb or cpu. most tech tell you they see more user killed pc in a week then normal parts failures...i seen dimm slots snapped off...front of a case melted from a lighter trying to get a floppy disk out. i found dead fish in a monitor and i found a peanutbutter and fluff sandwich jameed into a cr-rom drive. the best ones are "my cup holder on my pc is broken") im not joking people do use there cd-rom drives as cup holders...

TRENDING THREADS