Should I get a new GPU or CPU?

Lynac

Honorable
Jul 23, 2013
8GB ram
i5 3330 (can't overclock and runs at 3ghz) Processor w/ a Dell mobo (AKA I'd have to buy me a new mobo with my CPU if I were to go that route)
Geforce GTX 650 GPU
1TB HDD
120GB SSD
Gateway 21.5in Monitor

Pretty much, I have around $320 (a safe price) to I guess like $380 (overbudget but most likely possible).

I play MMOs like Planetside 2, Tera, and Guild Wars 2.

What kind of upgrade would serve me best?

The i5-3330 is a great processor for gaming. The GTX 650 is what you want to upgrade, but you need to make sure that your psu can handle it. What's your psu? If it's an OEM psu that came with the dell prebuilt, then you'll have to change that before getting a new GPU.
Also if you're using a Dell case, measure how long of a GPU you can fit in there. Sometimes those cases can't fit a big GPU.

Lynac

Honorable
Jul 23, 2013
I may throw some money into upgrading my PSU. Is the difference between the GTX 760 and 770 that large? Also, what about the 770 and the new 750Ti? I'm just trying to get a good rig set up.

The performance difference between the 760 and 770 is decent. The 770 can max out any games, while the 760 may have to turn down some settings on the really high end games. The 760 can play all of your games though.
The GTX 750 ti isn't really worth the money. It's meant for low-wattage systems. The performance isn't worth the money unless you have a really low end psu and don't wish to upgrade the psu.

TRENDING THREADS