Closed

Windows 8.1 Broadcom limited connectivity Lenovo

I've got a lenovo g580 with a Broadom bcm94313hmg2l.

System cannot connect to wifi "Limited or no connectivity" .. something something IP address.

I tried resetting everything with netsh http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc770948(v=ws.10).aspx

I tried ipconfig release and renew
.. Still nothing.

The fix!
(This is for windows 8.1)

THIS IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS 8.1 & Broadom bcm94313hmg2l.

- Right click on the Windows tile on the bottom left of the taskbar.
- Open 'Device Manager'
- Expand 'Network adapters'
- Right click on your 'Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter'
- 'Update Driver Software'
- 'Browse my computer for driver software'

THIS IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS 8.1 & Broadom bcm94313hmg2l.

- 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'
- Un-check 'Show compatible hardware'
- Scroll down on the 'Manufacturer' panel to 'Broadcom' and select it
- Scroll down on the 'Network Adapter:' and find
'Broadcom 802.11 Multiband Network Adapter'
- Select it, and click 'Next'

THIS IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS 8.1 & Broadom bcm94313hmg2l.

- Say yes to the 'Update Driver Warning'
- Close and you should be able to connect gracefully.

Good luck!
20 answers Last reply
More about windows broadcom limited connectivity lenovo
  1. hahaha i love the 3rd vote option! I don't see why **the procedure with the right wifi adapter manufacturer** (very, very important) wouldn't work tho

    Thanks
  2. Max_x2 Its because for some reason Microsoft offers these drivers instead of the actual company (or Microsoft receives these from the manufacturer) and the driver has some problem with windows 8.1 but works fine in 8. The cause is from the radio only receiving in the g/b radio ranges and not the n for some reason.. Its beyond me, but this seemed to work.
  3. thecoolestname36 said:
    Max_x2 Its because for some reason Microsoft offers these drivers instead of the actual company (or Microsoft receives these from the manufacturer) and the driver has some problem with windows 8.1 but works fine in 8. The cause is from the radio only receiving in the g/b radio ranges and not the n for some reason.. Its beyond me, but this seemed to work.


    I'll have to try that on my cousin's laptop. For lack of time and a (better) solution, i gave him a usb wifi adapter that i didn't use.
    Thanks!
  4. thecoolestname36 said:

    The fix!
    (This is for windows 8.1)

    THIS IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS 8.1 & Broadom bcm94313hmg2l.

    - Right click on the Windows tile on the bottom left of the taskbar.
    - Open 'Device Manager'
    - Expand 'Network adapters'
    - Right click on your 'Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter'
    - 'Update Driver Software'
    - 'Browse my computer for driver software'

    THIS IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS 8.1 & Broadom bcm94313hmg2l.

    - 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'
    - Un-check 'Show compatible hardware'
    - Scroll down on the 'Manufacturer' panel to 'Broadcom' and select it
    - Scroll down on the 'Network Adapter:' and find
    'Broadcom 802.11 Multiband Network Adapter'
    - Select it, and click 'Next'

    THIS IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS 8.1 & Broadom bcm94313hmg2l.

    - Say yes to the 'Update Driver Warning'
    - Close and you should be able to connect gracefully.

    Good luck!


    It works! Shame on MS and Lenovo for not doing this themselves, but thank you so much. As you know there are no updated drivers for 8.1 outside of what MS gives you. I've been working on this for 2 hours. Thanks again!
    PS: My card was listed as bcm94xx but it works...
  5. I was just getting ready to buy a new card and found this fix!!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!

    ComLifeIT said:
    thecoolestname36 said:

    The fix!
    (This is for windows 8.1)

    THIS IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS 8.1 & Broadom bcm94313hmg2l.

    - Right click on the Windows tile on the bottom left of the taskbar.
    - Open 'Device Manager'
    - Expand 'Network adapters'
    - Right click on your 'Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter'
    - 'Update Driver Software'
    - 'Browse my computer for driver software'

    THIS IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS 8.1 & Broadom bcm94313hmg2l.

    - 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'
    - Un-check 'Show compatible hardware'
    - Scroll down on the 'Manufacturer' panel to 'Broadcom' and select it
    - Scroll down on the 'Network Adapter:' and find
    'Broadcom 802.11 Multiband Network Adapter'
    - Select it, and click 'Next'

    THIS IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS 8.1 & Broadom bcm94313hmg2l.

    - Say yes to the 'Update Driver Warning'
    - Close and you should be able to connect gracefully.

    Good luck!


    It works! Shame on MS and Lenovo for not doing this themselves, but thank you so much. As you know there are no updated drivers for 8.1 outside of what MS gives you. I've been working on this for 2 hours. Thanks again!
    PS: My card was listed as bcm94xx but it works...
  6. Your fix is the only one I've seen from ANYONE on the net, including microsoft and lenovo, that fixed my problem. I'm so thankful that I signed up for this site to say thank You.
  7. That is amazing thank you so much I have spent an hour & a half trying to get on the internet
  8. I have the same problem I cant fixed, what driver are you installing?
  9. where you could download the driver? please link
  10. dnavarro said:
    where you could download the driver? please link


    I believe the drivers are bundled in windows 8.1. Just follow the tutorial ;)
  11. euh , could you give me the link ? thanks a lot.

    ________________________
    housse galaxy s5 mini etui galaxy s5 mini
  12. Thanks man ! The solution worked after a few tweaks for my Lenovo G580AH with BroadCom WLAN (NO NEW DRIVERS FROM LENOVO OR BCOM) .
    Afterburner - disabled (was En)
    AP Broader Compatibility
    BT Amp Enabled
    Disable Bands NONE
    IBSS mode - a/b/g AUTO
    Minimum power consumption DISABLED
    MIXED CELL - enabled
    Rate - BEST RATE
    XPress TM - Disabled !

    It worked fine with my office routers / APs 802.1x configuration with EAP Enterprise Password . Till now that solution didnt work .
    Many Thanks and god bless you man !
  13. The above fix worked on my Lenovo G500 with Windows 8.1
    An added note for clarity when you finally get into the long list of manufacturers for the drivers: there are two (2) Broadcom lists of drivers. The correct one that the solution says you should load was found in my "Broadcom" list and not in my "Broadcom Corporation" list. There are two Broadcom manufacturers listed.
    Thank-you for this issue that had me stumped until this recommendation worked!
  14. I have been looking for an answer to this for months on end, ever since I updated to 8.1. It only seemed to be a problem with my belkin router, so i recently got a linksys. Was working fine then started going limited again. So far, this has solved the problem! Thank you so much, I have been dealing with this for a long time and had to create an account and say thanks!
  15. thecoolestname36 said:
    I've got a lenovo g580 with a Broadom bcm94313hmg2l.

    System cannot connect to wifi "Limited or no connectivity" .. something something IP address.

    I tried resetting everything with netsh http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc770948(v=ws.10).aspx

    I tried ipconfig release and renew
    .. Still nothing.

    The fix!
    (This is for windows 8.1)

    THIS IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS 8.1 & Broadom bcm94313hmg2l.

    - Right click on the Windows tile on the bottom left of the taskbar.
    - Open 'Device Manager'
    - Expand 'Network adapters'
    - Right click on your 'Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter'
    - 'Update Driver Software'
    - 'Browse my computer for driver software'

    THIS IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS 8.1 & Broadom bcm94313hmg2l.

    - 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'
    - Un-check 'Show compatible hardware'
    - Scroll down on the 'Manufacturer' panel to 'Broadcom' and select it
    - Scroll down on the 'Network Adapter:' and find
    'Broadcom 802.11 Multiband Network Adapter'
    - Select it, and click 'Next'

    THIS IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS 8.1 & Broadom bcm94313hmg2l.

    - Say yes to the 'Update Driver Warning'
    - Close and you should be able to connect gracefully.

    Good luck!


    Compstuff said:
    I was just getting ready to buy a new card and found this fix!!!! THANK YOU ALL!!!

    ComLifeIT said:
    thecoolestname36 said:

    The fix!
    (This is for windows 8.1)

    THIS IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS 8.1 & Broadom bcm94313hmg2l.

    - Right click on the Windows tile on the bottom left of the taskbar.
    - Open 'Device Manager'
    - Expand 'Network adapters'
    - Right click on your 'Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter'
    - 'Update Driver Software'
    - 'Browse my computer for driver software'

    THIS IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS 8.1 & Broadom bcm94313hmg2l.

    - 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'
    - Un-check 'Show compatible hardware'
    - Scroll down on the 'Manufacturer' panel to 'Broadcom' and select it
    - Scroll down on the 'Network Adapter:' and find
    'Broadcom 802.11 Multiband Network Adapter'
    - Select it, and click 'Next'

    THIS IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS 8.1 & Broadom bcm94313hmg2l.

    - Say yes to the 'Update Driver Warning'
    - Close and you should be able to connect gracefully.

    Good luck!


    It works! Shame on MS and Lenovo for not doing this themselves, but thank you so much. As you know there are no updated drivers for 8.1 outside of what MS gives you. I've been working on this for 2 hours. Thanks again!
    PS: My card was listed as bcm94xx but it works...




    I created this account just to say Thank You! I also have a Lenovo g580 and was looking for a solution for weeks. This is the only 100% working solution.
  16. Amazing guys. Thanks so much. This solved my issue. I too signed up just to say thanks. I don't have the same configuration or even manufacturer as most of you but rather an Acer Aspire One 725-C7Xbb with the WLAN card being reported as Broadcom 802.11 Network Adapter (Hardware-ID PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4727&SUBSYS_E042105B&REV_01). I've been struggling a while with Windows 8.1 and getting "Limited connectivity". Thankfully I didn't need the dreaded "third option" voting on this solution ^^
  17. This will work on a large number of Intel and Realtek LAN adapters as well, both notebooks and desktops. Win 8.1's driver-loading programmers and the driver-creating programmers must have been fighting for weeks, and decided to screw each other over. Another shining (bald-gleaming) example of Ballmer leadership.
  18. Just wanted to say, "Thanks!"

    We upgraded our home WiFi Router. For some reason, all devices except for the wife's Work issued Lenovo Laptop would connect. [Had to keep using the old router in tandem until we could get her laptop working on the new router.]
    Spent several hours comparing her laptop device settings with all working devices.
    Found your solution, and it worked perfectly!
    Again, Thanks, thecoolestname36!
  19. thecoolestname36 said:
    I've got a lenovo g580 with a Broadom bcm94313hmg2l.

    System cannot connect to wifi "Limited or no connectivity" .. something something IP address.

    I tried resetting everything with netsh http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc770948(v=ws.10).aspx

    I tried ipconfig release and renew
    .. Still nothing.

    The fix!
    (This is for windows 8.1)

    THIS IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS 8.1 & Broadom bcm94313hmg2l.

    - Right click on the Windows tile on the bottom left of the taskbar.
    - Open 'Device Manager'
    - Expand 'Network adapters'
    - Right click on your 'Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter'
    - 'Update Driver Software'
    - 'Browse my computer for driver software'

    THIS IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS 8.1 & Broadom bcm94313hmg2l.

    - 'Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer'
    - Un-check 'Show compatible hardware'
    - Scroll down on the 'Manufacturer' panel to 'Broadcom' and select it
    - Scroll down on the 'Network Adapter:' and find
    'Broadcom 802.11 Multiband Network Adapter'
    - Select it, and click 'Next'

    THIS IS ONLY FOR WINDOWS 8.1 & Broadom bcm94313hmg2l.

    - Say yes to the 'Update Driver Warning'
    - Close and you should be able to connect gracefully.

    Good luck!
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows 8 Broadcom Lenovo Limited Connectivity