ASUS A55BM-A USB3 Post boot problem

pja2536

Reputable
Feb 26, 2014
Hi!

I am in the process of building a new PC for my bridge club.

The PC has been built and I think everything has been connected. However, when it powers up I occasionally see a POST screen but get an error message saying that there is no keyboard and then a message asking for media with a bootable OS. On the couple occasions when there was a POST screen it says I can press either the [DEL] or [F2] keys to enter set-up mode. However, these keys don't work at this stage of the boot.

I have tried to boot using the Microsoft USB/wireless keyboard on the list below and my personal USB/wired Microsoft keyboard and mouse and get the same result. I do not have a PS-2 connected keyboard and mouse to try but will see if I can get one from a friend.

If I install either a LINUX Live DVD or the Windows 7 media DVD then the PC proceeds to boot the relevant OS but does not show the POST screen during the boot. When I let the LINUX Live DVD completely boot the BOTH keyboard and mice combinations work perfectly.

Can anybody please advise on how I get a boot to the POST screen.

The spec for the PC is:

CPU: AMD A6 6400K 2-Core Processor
Mobo: ASUS A55BM-A-USB3 Motherboard
RAM: Kingston ValueRAM KVR13N9S8K2/8 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3
HDD: Western Digital WD Blue 1TB WD10EZEX
GPU: (AMD APU Graphics – integrated graphics HD7540D)
Case: Silverstone Black Precision Series PS09 Case
PSU: Silverstone Strider 500W ST50F-ES
ODD: ASUS DRW-24D3ST 24x DVD Writer
Monitor: ASUS VS247HR 23.6in Wide screen LED Monitor
Keyboard & mouse: Microsoft Wireless Desktop 800
USB Ports: Astrotek 4 Port Renesas USB 3.0 PCIe Card

Regards,
Peter

pja2536

Reputable
Feb 26, 2014
Don't worry about this issue. I had the USB/wireless transmitter for the keyboard and mouse in a USB 3 port. Changing it to a USB 2 port suddenly gave me access to the keyboard and mouse at boot and the new PC is working fine.