New build would like micro such as the Cooler Master 130 Case Need help with rest.

joshvan

Reputable
Feb 26, 2014
So I just wanted to reach out and get advice from those who know multi tasking / video editing many windows open type of build..

What I mean by this? Is I tend to open up firefox and chrome both having 10-20 tabs open each, with my online job this is a must. Also I run much videos and youtube playlists 24/7. I do use photoshop and video editing software.

Sometimes I have all this open at once and my current AMD A4-5300 APU 3.4Ghz Processor and 4gb on my 64 system seams to lag and get slugish, sometimes it even freezes...

Keep in mind I know nothing about hardware, I have done basic builds only...

Already have 16gb ordered of good ram.... so that is not part of the budget...
Already have the Corsair Builder Series CX 430 Watt ATX/EPS
Already have blu ray drive..
Already have OS

I only have a budget of $300-$400 ( of course cheaper the better )

so with that budget I need a good amd processor, was thinking of the amd fx8320 ??? do not know if this is good choice or not for me...

Need a good solid MOBO that will last for years that has HDMI and any other HTPC media bells and whistles.

Grahpics card?? Not sure If what to get.. I do not do gaming but watch many videos and edit videos..

Also was thinking to do the liquid cooling kit with cooler master as I like the unit to be not as loud as my current one...

I want this PC to be small because I travel out of country for long periods of time and just like to have desktop over laptop so want it to be small as I can get without loosing performance.

Want this PC to last for 3+ years without having to upgrade if poss..

Advice anyone???

Not too many AM3 motherboards that are in the ITX form factor so look toward the FM2 or FM2+ platform. This is the APU series... The APU includes a GPU which is plenty for what you are after (since you are not gaming). Swap the SSD for a HD if you need to lower costs.

PCPartPicker part list

CPU: AMD A8-6600K 3.9GHz Quad-Core Processor ($94.29 @ Amazon)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H60 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($54.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: MSI FM2-A75IA-E53 Mini ITX FM2 Motherboard ($84.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial M500 240GB 2.5" Solid State Disk ($134.95 @ Amazon)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 130 Mini ITX Tower Case ($55.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $425.20

joshvan

Reputable
Feb 26, 2014
Great advice, and I think I will get exactly what you said.. One thing though do you know any good PSU that are made good and will power the above that have a 110v/220v switch? because most of the countries I visit have 220, and hate to pop my a 220v one in each time?

There are no good PSUs with a voltage switch because that means they don't have active PFC. All you need is a PSU that has AC input voltage auto sensing. Most good PSUs are auto sensing and will work on either 110v or 220v. Just make sure the sticker on the PSU shows the AC input range as 100-240 and you'll be fine. You don't need much power output for your system a PSU like this would work just fine.

Antec EarthWatts Green EA-380D

You will notice that it has active PFC and the voltage range is stated at 100 - 240 V.

TRENDING THREADS