These are my PC specs:

*intel Core i7 3.6ghz (turbo 4Ghz) 4960X Processor LGA 2011
*Corsair H100i
*ASUS rampage 4 black edition
*Cooler master Stryker full tower
*GSkill Trident X DDR3 - 32GB
*Cooler Master Stryker White
*Corsair TX 850W PSU
*1TB Segate HDD(Files) + 500GB Segate HDD(System)
*1gb 560ti + 1gb 240gt GPUS (Using from my old pc build)
*20 Inch LG FLATRON W2043T(1600x900) LCD monitor

I want to play Games like Battlefiled 4,Watch Dogs,Thief and most probably all 2014 games at High settings so am I really able to do that with this Rig?

G

thanks :D i thought the gpu would bottleneck but i think its good enough.

I did have a laugh when I saw the 240GT :D

The spec is fantastic, but the GPU is definitely an issue. A build like that is more fitting for a GTX 760 or 770. Get yourself a GPU like that and you'll be laughing.

G

lol i love to keep old gpus tagged along....I thought I'd wait for maxwell and skip kepler so will 560ti do me good?

G

:wahoo: well 240gt and 560Ti are the GPUS i kept from my old build. I want to buy maxwell GPUs and skip on the Kepler ones...so 560ti might do me enough for 2014 right?
I have eyes on 800 series GTX

Are u using that 240 GT in SLI or something. Do u even get any performance difference?

That build actually looks like a rendering system more than a gaming system. You should be having something atleast of the performance level of a GTX 770 for that system to be a balanced gaming build.

I also have a GTX 560 Ti(but not that kind of a cpu). But it's already starting to show it's age. But i am going to wait atleast 1.5 yrs more for 800/900/whatever series to come

G

yes my system is for 3D rendering + Video Rendering but I think I wanna play good ol Battlefield 4 and etc too...the 560Ti so far works like a charm.(I use 240gt for physx or i'll put it back on my 2nd build lol)....however I have never seen anyone with 4960x+560ti on internet posting any benchmarks so I think I have to try it out myself for now :/

Generally, I think the 560ti will be good for medium settings at 720p without AA. You could push particular games up to your monitor's native resolution, depends on the individual game really.

Personally, I'd go with that, wait for the 800 series and use the 560ti in SLI for PhysX, pretty much as you do now. Seems like win-win to me.

For BF4

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/battlefield-4-graphics-card-performance,3634-11.html

If you really want to step up to Battlefield 4 at its High detail preset, the GeForce GTX 650 Ti or Radeon HD 7850 should be sufficient for 1680x1050. More enthusiasts have 1080p displays though, and we're recommending a $200 Radeon HD 7870 or $180 GeForce GTX 660.

The demanding Ultra preset compels you go go with a Radeon HD 7970/R9 280X or GeForce GTX 670/760 at 1920x1080.

So you can probably play on medium settings,1080p

G

thanks.....that is one of the best options i think i can go for now.....till then its medium quality-happy hunting until the 800series launches :bounce:

G

from wat i understood I gotta play with AA fully OFF....despite that the 560ti can run everything smooth as my monitor is not the high class one. battlefield consumes ram + cpu which i think is enough for my rig to handle.

Yep, the 560 Ti is still decent nowadays for medium settings at 1080p

My 5 year old GTX 260 can handle games at lower settings at 1080p, so a 560 Ti would have no problems

The entirety of your rig is excellent (disregarding the price and GPU), the 560 Ti should serve you very well until that next big GPU upgrade