AOC Q2963PM vs ASUS VG248QE first time monitor purchase?

Jimmy_DeLaney

Honorable
Feb 12, 2014
Hi all, I'm a noob to put it frankly. I've never bought a monitor before, I've always been a console gamer. Well here lately my mind has been opened to the amazing world of Computers. I've been reading countless threads on here and other websites about monitors TN/IPS 16:9/16:10/21:9 response time/input lag and colors and viewing angles. Anyways I've narrowed it down to these two. I feel I would love the 144Hz refresh rate but would be disappointed with color/image quality loss that comes with a TN panel. Also I love watching videos/shows/movies and feel Ultra-widesreen would be the way to go in that sense. So what do y'all think? 144Hz or Ultra-wide? I play competitive multiplayer occasionally but mostly seem to be playing single-player/Coop games like Bioshock/Left 4 dead. Also both these monitors have Tom's Hardware smart buy award which makes it even harder to decide. Also I wouldn't mind if you guys wanted to suggest other monitors as well around the same price range. (under $400)

I'm using a >$1000 gaming rig with a single EVGA GTX 760 FTW 4GB fyi. Thanks in advance and happy gaming!

dempy19

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2013
the AOC is an ips and the Asus is a tn panel. im sure with all the reading you've done youll know that ips is great for when youre working with photos and videos and even gaming, however IMO an amazing tn panel such as the asus which is 144 Hz whereas the AOC is only 60, there isn't really even a battle to know which ones better. if you want a great gaming monitor then go with the Asus, you wont regret it.

Jimmy_DeLaney

Honorable
Feb 12, 2014

And my graphics card will support 144Hz using DVI-D or Displayport on the VG248Qe no prob you think?

dempy19

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2013
oh absolutely, i use it with a DVI-D since there isnt much difference between the image when using it or Displayport. All you have to do is make sure you have the latest drivers for the gpu and monitor.