Question about amazon

DrBackwater

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
Why is it when you purchase items like Gpu. Cpu. Ram. Amazon doesn't list the currency conversion but on other items its forced optionally in your local currency until other wise.

I have a American credit card and Australian credit card and what's odd is, ill Pay the same on both cards computer related as I would with my America credit card excluding shipping costs.

But when I look smaller things like:

Games
And
Shoes

My dilemma returns once again?

Why are some items listed as exchange rate costs But others are not.

Must explain why amazon stopped paypal customers.(more control over their market) but doesn't explain why items listed are the same cost wise.

Am I missing something here.

I know if a Canadian wanted something from a non amazon site in UK they'll pay what ever exchange rate the banks burdened with from visa or mastercard. While things like that are..... Easy to override. But when a site does it its impossible to do business.

Seems pretty interesting imo... Try talking to them via live chat.

gamesturbator

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2014
Use the Firefox Addon "Simple Currency Converter" If you need to disable it for a page you just left click it (sometimes converts things that aren't currency). Very, very handy for me personally and accurate. That way you don't have to guess about prices when you shop abroad.

DrBackwater

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
Amazon will just play eye ball and say its based on manufacturer enforcing such policy that's out side their realm while amazon still sends the package.

How is a Gpu same price internationally.

430 usa
430 au
430 nz
430 UK

But a pair of shoes changes all that. The currency rates a joke.