High CPU - HELP! please

kyle8712

Reputable
Feb 27, 2014
I am getting an error when playing games on my computer (ex: World of Warcraft), I will be playing the game then all of a sudden CPU will spike, screens will go black and come back on with this error message:

-- Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 334.89 stopped working and has successfully recovered. ---

I have done everything, re-installed drivers, re-installed windows, ran virus / malware scans nothing found. Nothing has fixed it.

So now I have taken out my graphics card and ran the game (WoW) on my base graphics without a card in. I do not get this error when playing the game, of course the FPS is down, but no crashes.

Is the card just bad? PSU not enough? Anyone have any fixes to this. Please help! I have tried it all, tried contacting to return graphics card but they were closed, so figured I'd seek help here!

Thanks for any help!

Here is my system:
intel i5 3.4ghx
gtx 770 (windforce from gigabyte)
16gb ram
750 psu corsair
Z87X-D3H gigabyte motherboard

I've seen bad video cards cause the drivers to crash. Try underclocking the video card (say by 10%) and see how things run. The only good options left since you tried a full new Windows setup is to test the card in another system and maybe test another similar card in yours.