Dual 1080p Monitor on Single Asus GTX 760 2GB

Zachary Roberts

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
I've recently bought two of these monitors (BenQ XL2411T) http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00A2KZ2XS/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and want to hook them up to my single Asus GTX 760 for dual 1080p display. Both monitors are extremely high spec...3D ready, 120Hz, 1ms, etc. but I only intend to use ONE monitor for gaming. The other monitor will be for things like web browsing and other programs. I intend to hook one of my displays up using a dual link dvi cable and set it to run at 120hz for 3d playback and decent gaming specs, while the other monitor I'm happy to hook up via HDMI and run it at 60hz. Would this setup have any impact on my gaming? Please do not suggest I SLI as I only have a micro ATX motherboard and can't fit another gtx 760 in lol, and no, I don't want the hassle of buying a new motherboard and rebuilding everything. If the dual monitor setup won't work when gaming or watching 3d blu rays I'll simply turn off one display when doing those activities. But it would be nice to have dual monitor running all the time as then I could browse the web whilst gaming. In terms of my other hardware I have an Intel Core i7 4770 CPU and 16gb of corsair vengeance ram so I don't think my PC will fall over itself...or rather it shouldn't from that perspective. I know the gtx 760 can support up to 4 monitors but I've heard people struggling to play games on max settings when running three monitors. But how about two? (For the reference I'm not looking to run three...can't fit three on my desk for starters, and two is enough for me). To clarify, I'm hoping to play games on high settings, watch full hd bluray and 3d bluray, etc on the one monitor while using the other monitor for "other" stuff, thanks.

firstly if you have 120Hz monitors, never be happy running them at 60Hz, as 120Hz is far better. You can run dual 1080p 120Hz displays with one GTX 760 and it will do alright, but don't expect to get settings on high, as now the card will be trying to power twice as much as before. You could play on medium with decent FPS on most games.

-If you were running the displays separately then don't worry about the above stated, though there will most certainly be a decrease in performance but no-where near as much as if you were gaming on two 1080p screens. You can do what you want to do on a single GTX 760.

Zachary Roberts

Honorable
Dec 4, 2013
I've recently found out my GPU has 1x Dual Link DVI-I port and 1x Dual Link DVI-D port (previously, though not quite sure why, I believed it had 1x Dual Link DVI port and 1x VGA lol). Anyway, DVI-D fits into DVI-I (though not the other way round) but I now intend to hook both my monitors up using dual link DVI and have both running at 1920x1080 @ 120Hz. I'll still only be using one monitor for gaming and 3D blu ray but at least now I shouldn't have to make them both run at 60Hz. I spoke with nVidia customer service and they said my GPU is powerful enough to run 2x 1080p 120Hz monitors. :)

This, if you SLI two 760s though it will give you great FPS.