Decent graphic design monitor? (poor college student)

Matt McCauley

Reputable
Feb 28, 2014
I have a Dell monitor that I got for free... It's your average monitor that you'd find in a business office or call center.

It came to my attention that my monitor is most likely the culprit for my photographs that I edit to be very choppy and are lacking the usual gradients that even the computer monitors at my college Labs have and they use a different style Dell monitor.

This monitor was given to me by a teacher and he said that its been sitting on a shelf for a good while. I just want to have photos not look like they are missing colors and choppy with minimal gradients.

Does anyone know of any monitors out there that will work better than the one I have. I'm really looking to have an entry level one since I'm not yet out of school and I'm a poor college student.

Thanks in advance

Solution
once you get out of college or get some money you def want to get into higher resolutions for your work, 1440p 1600p and those cost around 600 and 900 dollars, so a good entry level is a 1080p ips monitor even thow it is only 21.5 inches but it will be worlds away from what your used too

Matt McCauley

Reputable
Feb 28, 2014
I'm honestly not sure about my budget at this point. I'd love to some how magically stay under 100 bucks but I know that computer stuff isn't cheap. I'd spend a little extra money if I knew that I could find a monitor under 150 that would work perfectly for me but under 100 is the best. Hell I don't really know. I'm trying to rap my head around the LCD, LED, TPS, IP blah blah stuff I've been reading about

all I really do is edit photography, photoshop posters / ads, indesign and little flash things. No gaming no crazy stuff

Bad_Kitty13

Admirable
once you get out of college or get some money you def want to get into higher resolutions for your work, 1440p 1600p and those cost around 600 and 900 dollars, so a good entry level is a 1080p ips monitor even thow it is only 21.5 inches but it will be worlds away from what your used too

Solution