may have some opinions looking for a new motherboard?

gunsmokeTX

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013
i'm looking to upgrade my current broken board (broken GPU slot) which is an ASRock Z77 Extreme4, but i figured i'd take this opportunity to upgrade a little.

i'm looking for a good board that's compatible with an i7 3770K, and my limit is no more than $210
and my color scheme in my PC is red white and black. so preferably a board that either matches my theme or doesn't stand out too much as far as color,if getting one with red on it isn't an option.

thanks!

This is probably best for you unless you find something on Ebay.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131819

Unfortunately LGA 1155 socket motherboards are being closed down, so a board in the color scheme that you want or with better features is getting harder to get. I would personally just advise staying away from ASrock because I have had terrible experience with them so far.

I now have a Biostar TZ77A board which fits your color scheme. You might consider it. Its not an upgrade in terms of PCI ports, SATA ports, or USB ports, but its super cheap and extremely solid. Works well for overclocking. A lot of people are having the audio chips be faulty but being a lot use HDMI audio now its not so big. I mostly mention it cause it first your red, black, and white color scheme.

gunsmokeTX

Honorable
Aug 23, 2013

i said i'd rather keep it under $220-$210. the asus maximus v formula is almost $400 :/