Newly built PC keeps resetting

DONOSAURU5REX

Reputable
Feb 26, 2014
I just built this computer a few days ago and everything was going fine. It would reset itself and say that it triggered the ASUS voltage safety. After some googling, I was advised to just shut that feature off. SOOOO a couple of days go by and everything seems alright. Then today playing the ESO beta it resets itself, over and over. I took off the side cover to ensure proper ventilation and it was good. For about 20 minutes... then it did it all over again... Someone please help me.

Specs:

MB: Asus H81m-plus
CPU: Intel i5-4570
Ram: Patriot 8gb DDR3
GPU: PNY GeForce GTX 660
PSU: THermaltake TR2 600w

The thermaltake TR2 is a device that could effectively be used to prop a door open , and perhaps to keep one closed .
Its not 80+ rated and it doesnt have active PFC which would supply clean stable voltage to your cpu and graphics card

I dont know what your voltage warning is exactly but I suspect its directly related to the poor quality of the psu .

Replace it with an 80+ bronze or better unit

DONOSAURU5REX

Reputable
Feb 26, 2014
Unfortunately, I had that suspicion already. I going to go pick up the Corsair CX750 750 Watt PSU first thing in the morning, as well as throw the Thermaltake through the Fry's Electronics window with my receipt taped to it and a nice little note to my "helpful" salesman. Thanks for the help!