Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 drive issues, isn't being detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izzy199

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014
This is going to be a long story but I will try and explain it as best as I can.
Recently I bought a new desktop system, it has:
Intel Core i7 4770 Processor
and
a Nvidia GeForce GTX 770 4gb
(Thats all you guys need to know for these issues)
Anyway, I need to re-install, un-install or update my drivers for the Nvidia card in order to properly run Battlefield 4 as I am having huge issues with it.
Long story short, GeForce Experience doesn't pick up my card. Instead it picks up the interegated graphics unit inside the processor (Comes up as Intel 4600 Graphics)
I can't seem to find that my PC actually has it installed, although I've checked that it's definitely in there. Had a look around and can't seem to find people who have had the exact problem I am.
Basically, I need to get my PC to recognize the Nvidia card so I can use GeForce Experience to manage my drivers.
How can I do this without risking damage to anything? I'm not exactly a wizz when it comes to technical parts of computers, so I don't want to risk anything.

Thanks in advance, I will try to reply.

pyr0_m4n

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013
Type in "GTX 770 drivers" into google. The first result is a link to nvidias website. Simply click the link and it will take you straight to their driver center. Simply pick your card from the dropdown list (or it may even select the driver for you) and download and run that driver. Once you do that, geforce experience has a starting point and wont need to autodetect the card anymore. it will simply check to see if that driver is up to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.