Another Question about runing motherboard and graphics card together

TLCJohn

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014
Hi there Guys

I would like to use the motherboard and graphics cards together so that I can use 3 Monitors on the system. I have a Nvivia GeForce 9800 GT and a motherboard with one slot. The motherboard is a ACPI x64-based PC I am running Windows 8.1 - Do you have any thoughts.

Thank you for any help.

Kind regards
John

TLCJohn

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014
Hi there Brarboy, Thanks for coming back to me, Without opening up the computer, where would I find this information. The Computer is about 3 years old and is a Packard Bell. If I click on the computer under Device Manager I get ACPI x64 based PC, but somehow I don't think this is enough information?

John

brarboy

Honorable

Click on start button, type:
dxdiag
and hit enter. You can find information of everything there.

TLCJohn

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014
Operating System: Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600) (9600.winblue_gdr.131030-1505)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Packard Bell
System Model: ipower G5800
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.9GHz
Memory: 6144MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 6136MB RAM
Page File: 3510MB used, 5440MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.03.9600.16384 64bit Unicode

------------

TLCJohn

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014
That is what I thought, but when I plug in the HDTV lead in windows only see's two monitors, that is why I am wondering if I can use the Graphics card and the onboard graphics on the mother board?

Thanks for your advice so far?

John

TLCJohn

Reputable
Mar 1, 2014
Hi there Brurboy,

Thank you for the page, I hyave read through it and the information I have gleamed is that I need to make the following changes to the Bios.

1. set integr video to Always Enable

2. set Primary video to Intel integr

What do you think of this?

Thank you for the time you are putting in to help me.

Kind regards
John

brarboy

Honorable

glad i could be of some help :)
Post the results after you try. Good luck!!

brarboy

Honorable

there is no harm in trying that. I have seen mixed reviews regarding that so i wouldn't know what to say. I hope it works as i have seen people in case of AMD, crossfire their APU with gpu. So, just give a try.

brarboy

Honorable

messing about any wrong option can make your pc unstable or sometimes harm too. But you can always reset to default if you are unsure of what settings have you changed.
If it didn't work, i don't think you have any other option there. Just to make sure, are you connecting led monitor in HDTV port of your gpu?