After running nvidia 3d setup there is a black gap in the side of my monitor.

mazooni

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
Hi I got just got the asus vg248qe and I have not purchased the nvidia 3d kit yet but I wanted to see how the setup is and everything so I tried it. It said hardware test failed but that was expected because I don't have any of the equipment yet. After closing the setup there is a noticeable black line in the very side of my screen. How do I fix this???? I am unable to take a screen shot of it because it won't let me it almost like it is my screens border.

Thanks.

Solution

have you tried using dvi-cable instead of adapter?
Here is another thing you can check out.
Right click on desktop-> Nvidia control panel-> go to option: 'Adjust Desktop size and position'-> Try different settings. I hope that can fix it.

mazooni

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
I looked through the manual and I found something that would let me reset the whole monitor to factory config. I clicked it, its called all reset. It reset everything but there is still the black gap. Not sure if this makes a difference but I am using two monitors and both of them have the gap.

brarboy

Honorable

what are the gpu ports you are using to connect your 2 monitors with? And did you check driver installation(make sure to install stable instead of beta).

mazooni

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
I always install the newest stable drivers through geforce experience. I am using dvi-i to vga converter for my secondary monitor and dvi-d dual link for my primary monitor. My primary is running at 144hz and my secondary at 60hz.

brarboy

Honorable

have you tried using dvi-cable instead of adapter?
Here is another thing you can check out.
Right click on desktop-> Nvidia control panel-> go to option: 'Adjust Desktop size and position'-> Try different settings. I hope that can fix it.

Solution

brarboy

Honorable

check out here:
30rwmyx.jpg

brarboy

Honorable

tinker with the settings, maybe you will get your problem solved.
Good luck buddy :)