4gb g skill ripjaws x 1333mhz 9-9-9-24 ram

3.5ghz amd 8 core vishera core cpu 8320fx

2gb amd r9 270x toxic grapics

1tb hard drive

asrock fatal1ty 990fx killer mobo

Apevia hermes case

dvd/cd rw drive

two blue cold cathodes or 2 neon cathodes

Can someone give me an idea of how much power i will need, and also what psu would be a good one to go with, this is my first build and i would like not to screw up my build with not enough power.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about opinion power psu good
  1. Best answer
    Good 550w PSU will be enough.
  2. maurelie said:
    Good 550w PSU will be enough.

what about if I am also thinking about adding another graphics card and more ram in future for now I think that build will suit my needs and thank you for a fast reply.
  3. Radeon R9-270X - 24A and a 500W psu minimum recommended (the 24A refers to the 12v rail which powers the cpu and gpu) also fx8320 is a power hungy cpu so you need a quality psu like this http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550sxxb9 . with 44A on the 12v rail also easily gives you the opportunity of o/c. if you could spend more there are better and more efficient but xfx is a solid - quality unit made by seasonic:) also you brtter go with 2x4gb cause 4gb wont be enough especially for multiplayer games.
  4. chris987 said:
    Radeon R9-270X - 24A and a 500W psu minimum recommended (the 24A refers to the 12v rail which powers the cpu and gpu) also fx8320 is a power hungy cpu so you need a quality psu like this http://pcpartpicker.com/part/xfx-power-supply-p1550sxxb9 . with 44A on the 12v rail also easily gives you the opportunity of o/c. if you could spend more there are better and more efficient but xfx is a solid - quality unit made by seasonic:) also you brtter go with 2x4gb cause 4gb wont be enough especially for multiplayer games.

chris987 said:

thank you for your answer so 650w is fine when i do wanna do cf and for now 550w is fine I like your choices if I went with the 650w now and cf later will it be fine to do so or should i go with 550w till I want to cf?
  5. I would rather get 650w and buy better GPU latter. Some games don't run great with SLI/Crossfire, dual GPU setup generates more heat, draws more power. 650w will give you more headroom for future GPU's
  6. maurelie said:
    I would rather get 650w and buy better GPU latter. Some games don't run great with SLI/Crossfire, dual GPU setup generates more heat, draws more power. 650w will give you more headroom for future GPU's

thank you thats exactly what i needed to know 650w it is :) thank you
  7. if adding later an other 270x or even upgrade to a better gpu you should buy a 650w from start skip the 550w to save money. also the 650w psu i posted can run easily a single 290x or a 780ti plus o/c
  8. Thank both of you for you input it is greatly appreciated I will post pics of my build after I finish it. somewhere on this forum lol i know there's a place for it. :)
  9. also in case you guys are wondering I'm probly gonna go with the
    Rosewill CAPSTONE-650 650W Continuous Power supply
  10. chris987 said:
    if adding later an other 270x or even upgrade to a better gpu you should buy a 650w from start skip the 550w to save money. also the 650w psu i posted can run easily a single 290x or a 780ti plus o/c

+1
Ask a new question

Read More

Core AMD Power