1 27" 1440p or 2 24" 1080p 144hz?

hjordan836

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2011
Hi all.

I have just ordered a new video card (EVGA GTX 780 FTW) and have decided to get some new monitors. The question is as posed above. I cant decide if i would rather have 1 27" 1440p or 2 24" 1080p 144hz.

Now I will not be gaming on both 24" at the same time obviously. But I have seen 120hz monitors and love the smoothness. So 1 to game on while i goof on the other.

Or do I roll 1 dedicated 27" with the higher resolution.

I play mostly RPG/FPS/MMOs. Or a third option which is a far distant is a ultrawide 2560x1080 monitor for the simple fact that it seems that most games are not really built to support this res.

Any thoughts? I know its preference but ... I am interested to know what others would do.

Currently I am running a single 27" 1080p.

Thanks in advance.

I think it really depends on person preference. I will never go back to a single screen regardless of how big, i like the extra space two screens give me. But if you are moving up from a single screen a single 27" may be what you are looking for. If you have two screens now you will likely be disappointed switching back to a single one, but if you only have one screen right now i don't think you will be disappointed with either setup.