Sign in with
Your question

First PC Build (looking for advice)

Last response: in Systems
March 2, 2014 3:50:15 PM

Hello, I'm a media student and recently created my first online PC build, it's probably a heap of garbage due to my lack of knowledge in this area. If you guys could help me out by suggesting better parts (preferably using the same website I'm using) for this PC I'd really appreciate it, cheers.

Link:
https://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_lis...

More about : build advice

March 2, 2014 4:16:55 PM

That is a really good build actually, I would go for a 600W power supply though. Other than that, your set!
March 2, 2014 5:53:03 PM

MajorGamer said:
That is a really good build actually, I would go for a 600W power supply though. Other than that, your set!

Thank you very much, I've updated the list to now contain a 600W power supply. :) 
Related resources
March 2, 2014 5:59:42 PM

exogeni said:
MajorGamer said:

Thank you very much, I've updated the list to now contain a 600W power supply. :) 

No problem, I would appreciate it if you'd choose a solution so people know your problem is solved :) 
March 2, 2014 6:09:27 PM

its really good, but theres a few things a little bit off. first is you have a z87 motherboard for overclocking, but your processor cant be overclocked. if you dont know what that is, just get a h87 motherboard, or if you want to overclock get an i7 4770k. it will work fine how you have it, but its a little counter intuitive. 2nd, you can get 2 8gb of 1600mhz or 1866mhz ram, which will give you a slight boost. other than those slight things it looks pretty good. what are you using the pc for?
March 2, 2014 7:03:52 PM

jshoop said:
its really good, but theres a few things a little bit off. first is you have a z87 motherboard for overclocking, but your processor cant be overclocked. if you dont know what that is, just get a h87 motherboard, or if you want to overclock get an i7 4770k. it will work fine how you have it, but its a little counter intuitive. 2nd, you can get 2 8gb of 1600mhz or 1866mhz ram, which will give you a slight boost. other than those slight things it looks pretty good. what are you using the pc for?

Changed the motherboard to a h87, cheers. Is this the ram you're suggesting? http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
My primary usage for this PC will be for software such as adobe after effects and premiere pro for my media course. I do also intend to use it for gaming as well.
March 4, 2014 5:32:02 PM

Excellent, updated to that ram.
Thanks to both of you for your help! Also I don't really understand this solution system, sorry. So for I'll just leave it as is for now :S
!