Enter to a Win Gigabyte Windforce 3X GTX 780 Graphics Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeangs2004

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2009
The R9 290X 3X version should be faster, since it's non-reference. I should get a confirmation of this through a later best of graphics update

Zeh

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
450W....something is wrong
I'm guessing 450w is the ammount of energy (heat) the Windforce 3X cooler can dissipate (while mantaining thermals within reasonable levels). Considering the GTX 780 can't use that much energy, the cooler won't have to operate to it's full capacity and will be more silent (eg working at 40% fan speed).

_BigHead_

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
@Zeh: It also has the potential to allow for a higher overclock, as keeping a board as cold as possible will allow greater stability. that, and as you overclock power consumption increases necessitating greater cooling requirements.but your interpretaion is correct as well.Thanks Tom's and Gigabyte for this wonderful giveaway!

Neiromaru

Honorable
May 12, 2013
I wish Tom's would stop participating in these blatant attempts to collect its reader's personal information.

mgolus

Honorable
Apr 25, 2012
I wish Tom's would stop participating in these blatant attempts to collect its reader's personal information.
No one is forcing you to enter. I personally don't care if Tom's gets some information from my Facebook account. More than anything I would imagine they are just trying to use social media for some advertising. Also, I don't see anything wrong with a website trying to collect some information on the demographics of it's users.

Sep 22, 2013
The R9 290X 3X version should be faster, since it's non-reference. I should get a confirmation of this through a later best of graphics update
This comment is completely irrelevant, and thus, downvoted.That said, I entered and I have no problem sharing my FB info, since that's what I use to login at Tom's anyway.I have 2x 770 4GB with the Windforce cooler in my system right now. They're the ones with a stock OC and run like butter. Even under full load they never break 70C, in fact the 2nd card never breaks 64C.For those running on a 600W PSU or worse, I hope you're running an 80 Plus Silver or better or you're in serious risk of maxing your PSU on a card like this. Another consideration is that power output is based on draw. Your PSU might actually be running at a higher output that what it's rated for which will eventually burn up your transformer and/or caps.I upgraded my Seasonic G-650 to a Seasonic X-850 when I went SLI. Performs like a beast.

Halberd388

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004
I don't mind my email address (the one I use for junkmail) being given out, but not everyone in the US uses Facespace (myself included) so it's pretty crummy you're leaving some potential data that could be used for marketing purposes out simply because... you insist on Facebook integration.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
I love it when people get on here to complain and whine about the contest rules, coming off as TH is doing it just to get a reaction out of them. It is not TH's fault they cant offer you entry into the contest. Its not up to them. They just have to abide by the rules. Get mad at those making the stupid rules, if you feel the need to vent. Commenting/Complaining about it on here isnt going to change anything.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
And you dont HAVE to have/use facebook to enter. I no longer have one, and it allowed me to enter just fine. You just dont get as many entries as someone who does utilize it, though.

liquid0h

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Can anyone tell me if APO addresses are allowed to participate? Or do they get thrown out in the selection process?

Status
Not open for further replies.