gpu /metro last light issues

sickb

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
so i bought a new pc and i have no problems with games except metro last light. while im playing there were strange flickering shadows ( there was a patch for amd drivers that fixed that ) so when i got rid of the shadow flickering , while i was playing some strange pixels on game appeared red/green/pink (on the scope of the weapon and on the flashlight ) i got stressfull and reboot fast my pc,I didnt see them from then? should i be worried? is my gpu broken?

amd 280x

oOSlushyOo

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
How hot is the gpu getting? Metro Last Light is an enormously demanding game from a GPU perspective. Try reducing resolutions/textures/etc and see what you get.

sickb

Honorable
Aug 28, 2013
i didnt check it out i play it on very high withouth ssa and physx at 1920x1200 with 60 fps average

oOSlushyOo

Honorable
Nov 8, 2013
I would get CPUID's HWMonitor (or similar free software) and see what temps you are hitting with your card. I have read in a few other places where temps on AMD cards caused artifacts in Metro Last Light. The only real way to combat this would be to run with milder versions of anti-aliasing and other texture modifications.