Three Monitors HD7850

mrpick96

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
I can't seem to get my Sapphire HD 7850 2GB card to handle three monitors, let alone Eyefinity, which is my end goal. I have a Vizio VO370M , an Acer S230HL , and a Samsung S22B310BS that my card is currently connected to. I have the Vizio connected with an HDMI cable directly to my card, the Acer through an Accel Active Adapter that is said to work with Eyefinity on this AMD site, and the Samsung connected with a DVI-D cable.

From my point of view, everything should be good to go. Is there anything I'm missing? These should all be compatible, right? Yet when I plug in a third display, not matter which display it is, my video drivers spaz out and I end up with a blue screen saying Memory Cache Dump, which happens whenever my drivers fail. By "spaz out" I mean the display goes black, every display save my primary display lose signal, and my driver then redisplays on my primary monitor once or twice, then on the primary and another display (the one I connected second). It then flashes black and on the two again three or four more times until I get the blue screen. I updated to the most recent non-beta drivers (Catalyst Control Center 2013.0328.2218.38225) and I still get the same issue. One thing I noticed reading other boards is that if I were to do Eyefinity I was instructed to put one of my displays into the second "row" of ports on my video card. Alas, I only have one "row". Does this mean my card simply does not support three monitors? The sapphire spec sheet has the Eyefinity section with a picture of three monitors, if my card cannot perform this feat this picture is very misleading... My other theory is that since my displays are all very different this maybe a problem as well. One being a TV and two not being the same manufacturer.

That's all I know, and those are my theories. My final question would be: Why are my drivers crashing and how do I fix it?

tl;dr I have a card that I want to use Eyefinity with. But when I connect my third display my drivers crash. Why do they crash and how do I fix it?

Thanks

mrpick96

Honorable
Jun 2, 2012
Thanks for your answer ak, I updated from the latest stable driver to the latest beta driver. In addition I noticed one of my fans was not running on the card because I had unplugged it by mistake in reseating it. Now when I add my third display, by drivers crash and restart a number of times, and just stay crashed. No blue screen. Progress, haha?