Moving a desktop computer from one city to another?

Which is safer?

• Desktop assembled?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Desktop un-assembled?

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Dont know how to get rid of this answer so just ... umm ...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

VGT

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
Here's what I am wondering. In 18 months (I know its an extremely long time away but oh well) I will be going to university. The university is 50 miles away. Anyway, I was wondering if its safer to transport all the components in the case or is it safer to disassemble the computer and transport the parts separately (they will be in the same vehicle but you know what I mean).

So, which one?

Muku

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
I'd definitely go with un-assembled option. Its much safer if you disassemble the whole thing, pack every component securely and then transport it...

VGT

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

Im curious as to why it would be safer?. Wouldn't the case protect the components?

Muku

Honorable
Jun 19, 2013
yeah, it should but if you have add on components like Graphic cards or sound card, they can easily get displaced from their slots during transport and their connectors can get damaged easily rendering them useless. Its true for the traditional HDDs (not SSD though, they don't have moving parts so they are safe) and the cpu coolers also. Just make sure you transport all the add on components separately.