Best current graphics for around $300?

Toxicus

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
I know this question is always asked, but with the way technology jumps in leaps and bounds and price points change. I figured I'd come here and ask.

I am currently looking at upgrading my video card. I am starting to get into streaming and decided since I am upgrading my CPU, my vid card should see some love too!

My current set up is -
ASUS Sabertooth p67 MoBo
Intel i5-2500 (Upgrading to i7-3770k)
16 GB Corsair Vengeance ram - 1600
Nvidia GTX 560ti
Thermaltake Toughpower 750w PSU

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance! :)

Toxicus

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
That is actually an option. I am sure I could put an extra $50 into it, if its going to make a drastic difference. I just want to be able to game, stream and dual screen. I can't afford SLI, so its gotta be a strong vid card to handle it alone.

Toxicus

Reputable
Mar 6, 2014
Yea, my upload is around 10-11mbps. I am upgrading my CPU from the i5-2500 to an i7-3770k. I really like my motherboard, so I'm going to stick with it.

My next concern is a solid cooling solution. See, the temp probes on my mobo show around my ram and my PCI-E getting as high as 70c. I have 3 120mm fans for case cooling. 2 intake(front and side) and 1 exhaust from the rear. I also have a Coolermaster GeminII 120mm CPU cooler. Now, my case is the Apevia X-Cruiser shown in this link http://www.xoxide.com/apevia-xcruiser2-silver-case.html I am not sure if the case is whats causing my heat issue as the airflow seems like it should be good.

Any idea's? (BTW Thanks for all the info thus far! Greatly appreciate it :) )