Need help revitalizing my old gaming rig(solved)

Devnos

Reputable
Mar 7, 2014
Hi, Im searching for help on revitalizing my old rig with new parts mainly: CPU, Mobo, GPU and RAM.

Im still keeping my old case + PSU + 22" CRT + Win 64 copy and a mSata driver i have left from my dead laptop.

While Im building it for gaming mostly I still do web surfing and media management on it, also Im not really an overclocker enthusiast. I look more on longevity and endurance because of 8+ hours gaming sessions sometimes.

I'm wondering if my old PSU (Thermaltake Thoughpower 750W bought around 2006) might still work or if I should opt for a new one, but since this one is almost brand new apart from dust gathering I might still give it more use and save some money.

Appreciate any advice, thanks in advance.

Devnos

Reputable
Mar 7, 2014
Well thats the thing i've been reading the article about best bang for the buck on graphics and cpu's, but i just cant make my mind around it. I know i want intel for cpu and maybe Geforce for graphics this time around and im willing to spend less then 1000 unless i see benefit to it to go past that i dont know. Im just focused on being able to reuse my old parts that ive stated before on the OP. I know right now might not be the best time to build a gaming rig and expect it to be future proof, but ill try to build something solid since im PC less right now my gaming laptop just died recently.