First time building a budget gaming pc

Bittencourt

Reputable
Mar 7, 2014
Hello friends! I recently signed up for this amazing forum after finding so many of my questions being answered here, so now I'm taking a shot at a more "personal" question.
I live in Brazil. Prices here are extremely messed up, and pcs you guys build for 600 - 1000$ don't come here for less than 3000 reais (our current coin). As you can see, parts here are EASILY 3 to 4 times more expensive, and I consider myself incredibly lucky if I find something only 2 - 2.5 times more expensive.
Well, now that I gave you this little background, I'd like to lay down my worries: I'm trying to build a gaming pc. The last decent gaming rig I had was at around 2006 - 2007, and it was a gift for my birthday, and to this day I don't even know what was in there. I've been researching for weeks now, watching videos and reading articles and graphics about benchmarks and price x performance for every single component, but what you guys buy here for 150$, I find for 600 here (if I'm able to find it at all), so I kind of gave up trying to emulate your builds and tried to came up with my own..

Without further ado, here's what I came up with at the moment:

- MOBO: ASUS H81m-c
- CPU: Intel Core i3 4330 @ 3.5Ghz
- PSU: OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Modular
- HDD: WD Blue 1TB 7200 64mb 6.0gb/s
- RAM: Gskill 4GBx2 1600Mhz
- Case: Sentey Classics ATX CS1 - 1410

And this is all for now. As you can see, I have no GPU at the moment - they're ridiculously expensive. I'm aiming to buy all this stuff first and just hang on using only the 4600 from the i3, and then save up some more for a real monster video card, I'm thinking something like the r9 280x (even though I don't plan to OC for some time).

I plan for this build to last at least 2 years (with a GPU), and my main goal is gaming. I have a Full HD monitor and that's all I plan to use - no complex "battlestations", just me and my rig. For now, any kind of SLi os Crossfire is just inimaginable, seeing how I can't even afford a single video card.

This is what I plan to build at first, but if some money comes my way, I want to upgrade this, even if it is one part at a time. I thought about eventually switching out the i3 for an i5 4670k (although I'm not even sure I can OC with this mobo...), getting to 16gb of RAM, an SSD, perhaps a CPU cooler and/or a better PSU if I'm actually able to OC anything.

Please comment and give me your opinion on this. Any bottlenecks? Is this actually a big waste of money and I won't be able to even play League of Legends with 60 fps? I'd really love to hear from you guys, and even new part ideas would be cool, but it's highly unlikely I would be able to find decent prices here.

Well, this is it. I tried to be as informative and complete as possible, and now I realize the post got too big. My bad. Also, sorry for any grammar mistakes. And thanks a lot for your time and attention.

This looks like a good start.
I would advice to get another power supply though.
While OCZ is not the worst brand, there are a complains about their PSUs in the net, and especially on their durability.
As an Idea - try to find a friend working in USA so he/she can buy you Video for good price, I do not know for Brazil, but a lot of people from my country are working in USA (and prices in my country are also quite higher than the US).