Status
Not open for further replies.

vincey68

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
Selling my great gaming PC setup,
Here are the specs:

Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
Processor: AMD FX 4100 Black Edition, Quad Core @3.6GHz(can be o/c'd)
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Motherboard: ASUS M5A78L-M LX
Graphics Card: ASUS Geforce GTX 560ti 1GB GDDR5
Power Supply: Corsair CX 500M (Modular 500W)
Hard Drives: 1x 1TB
Case: Zalman Z11 Plus, including 5x 120mm case fans (x2 are blue LED)

extras -
wireless keyboard and mouse
3rd party xbox 360 controller
32'' sharp lcd tv
how much could i sell ir for????

You probably won't like the answers you get back... Assessing used parts prices is rough. If you can pull half your investment back, then you are probably doing fine. IMHO you have a system that is a bit dated and not very desirable to gamers. Perfectly fine for an "office" PC, or someone that does light gaming at low resolutions and detail. In order for someone to game on high detail the GPU and CPU would both need a replacement.

CPU - FX 4100 is a generation back. Not much value here when the FX 4300 is cheap, will OC higher, and consumes less power.
MB - Not much demand in the used market for a SATA II motherboard with users looking toward SSDs for their boot drive. Lacking USB 3.0 is another shortfall, but less of a concern for most users.
PSU - Solid manufacturer and good unit. Not modular though...
XBOX Controller - Zero value
32" Sharp TV - Very little value to a PC person. 720 resolution is a downer...

Actually he said the PSU was modular, and never said what resolution the TV is. However, it's hard to sell a 4100 for more than $50 used. You can probably sell that for $400, just because of the nice case and large screen.

penn919

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
I personally think you'd have better luck parting it out as most users on here are only interested in buying mid-range to high-end PCs. I'd imagine You'd be able to sell the GPU, PSU, and Ram fairly quickly. The case is also decent, but nobody on here is really willing to spend much for shipping so you'd probably be better off putting it up on craigslist.

you'll manage to sell the rest too. You just won't get very much for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts