Uninstalled Graphics Drivers, Installed Gtx 580, Installed Newest Graphic Drivers, Restart And My Monitor Has No Signil?

Dingo_Warrior

Reputable
Feb 26, 2014
Is this a driver issue, since everything was working okay til I downloaded the newest Nvidia drivers? If I take gtx 580 out of PCI slot and put it back in itll startup and connect to monitor but only in safe mode. Then If I restart computer to initiate normal startup it won't connect to monitor again.

thanks in advance for any help

Could be a driver problem. GF Experience tries to install latest drivers automatically on start-up. So you can't do anything until its done its job.

I had problems after taking out my GTX560s when trying to put in a GTX670. It takes a few trials to get it right. I took the 670 back out and put a 560 back in. I had to uninstall (using Control Panel Unistall a Program) the drivers I had with the GTX560s even though I thought they'd be the same for the 670 (per forums). I also uninstalled GF Experience because it tried to do an automatic install of who knows what on start-up. Then I downloaded and installed the latest driver according to the Asus website (these are all Asus cards) into the 670. The latest drivers also include GF Experience. So when I did the download and GF Experience started up it said this latest driver from Asus is now old and so I had to wait again while GF Experience downloaded another driver from the GeForce site and installed it. Then everything worked. What a pain. Took 2 hours of fart-arseing around.

Dingo_Warrior

Reputable
Feb 26, 2014
The Monitor was plugged into the correct dvi port, I ended up having to revert to my other video card. I don't understand it. I uninstalled previous drivers through control panel, restarted computer in safe mode using driver sweeper to clear out rest of drivers, restarted computer again and went into vga mode, installed new drivers, restarted computer then no signal is present. My PSU is fine as it powers a gtx 295 just fine which I currently have installed. Maybe this is a compatability issue or possibly an issue with graphics card itself?