Already bought and built but need some suggestions

Exterminator1

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2014
Hi everyone, long time lurker but first time poster. Back around Black friday i finally pulled the trigged and bought all the components for my new computer and put it together. took a couple days for me to do that but i finally did it.

CPU: Intel Core I7 4770k 3.5ghz

Mobo: Asus Z87-PRO

Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 780 3GB Classified w/ EVGA ACX Cooler

Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB DDR3 2133

Case : CM Storm Trooper

PSU: CORSAIR RM Series RM850 850W

a year before i got all this i had bought a monitor which was a ASUS VE278Q Black 27" Full HD HDMI LED Backlight LCD Monitor w/Speakers.

my main question is the monitor always did seem like it had some backlight bleeding and the colors and quality seemed to be grainy. even on the new computer i built. so i just wanted your guys opinion on if maybe i should look into buying a new monitor or maybe put money into another component? i spent a decent amount and i just want to make sure i have a kick ass computer.

couple other things was 780ti cards literally came out like 2 days after i bought my 780 and the other thing is the 4770k is not overclocked same thing with 780. i really don't feel comfortable overclocking since i really have no idea what to do.

Chickenator

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
Hi. Don't worry, you have a kick ass build! You won't need that much Watt for your system though. Have you turned your resolution to 1920 x 1080?
Excellent choice of components by the way, though i would chose another Motherboard, but that's just preferences.

I looked up your monitor, and the reviews are mostly good. Maybe it's something wrong with your monitor? If so, do you still have warranty?
And again, have you turned up your screen resolution to maximum?

If you don't know how, then just right click at the desktop, click screenresolution (or something similar) and set resolution to whatever is highest.

Chickenator

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
Also, it's not necessary to overclock anything. You will be able to play most games with a high resolution and high settings. Can probably play with max settings on many games.

If you aren't satisfied with your performance at all, then you could buy another gtx 780 and SLI it. (use both GPU's). Don't go for a 780ti! you will get much better performance with 2 gtx 780's.

If you want to overclock then there's alot of guides you can use.

You should read about it here to get to know what overclocking is and what it does etc. Link: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/overclocking-guide-part-1,1379.html

Exterminator1

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2014
thanks for the reply chickenator :D i actually did that and its still the same. Sadly im pretty sure the warrenty is up already i bought it in Sept 8th 2012. the issue is not so bad it bothers me that much but i really have nothing to compare it too so i could be just imagining it.

I been looking at these monitors Asus VG248QE and ViewSonic VX2770Smh and im just not sure if it would be worth it to buy one of them or just hold off.

As for SLIing thats deffinetly an option down the road :D. once again thanks again chickenator