R9 280x no display

Discomint

Honorable
Mar 2, 2013
So, recently I picked up an r9 280x and as the title suggests i've had no luck with getting a display on it, it powers up, but that seems to be all that's happening, when checking the browser on my eufi bios it's clearly not showing any signal to the board. So far i've tried updating the bios on my motherboard, switching the bios switch on the card itself, and a bunch of the usual stuff, with no luck, is this just a doa card or, does anyone have any suggestions? thanks.

My system specs are as follows:
R9 280x windforce Edition (rev 2)
Asrock z77 Extreme 4
Fsp Aurum 700w 80+plus gold

Finish

Honorable
Mar 28, 2012
Sounds suspiciously like a DOA card, but try a few things first.

1. Re-seat the card, pull it out and plug it back in again. Common problems have been solved by doing this.

2. If you still have your old video card, plug that back in and confirm the PCI slot is working. It could be a dead PCI slot (weird but it happens).

3. Whilst the old card is plugged in, go into device manager and uninstall the card. Then shutdown, remove the old card. Insert the new card and boot the PC again, if still no response then most likely its DOA.

4. Lastly make sure you have plugged the appropriate cables for power into the video card, I think there are two 6 or 8 pin molex cables (just checking your not a nub).