What processor is better for world of warcraft 25 hc raiding

Mtheadz

Reputable
Mar 8, 2014
Im wondering what would be the best CPU for World of Warcraft when raiding in 25 HC. I have a gtx 660 OC and 8gb ram my current cpu is an i5 2320 and i dont know what would be better when raiding and running youtube ect in the background. Whats better for this an i7 3770k or and i5 3570k

Hi there!

Not being a WoW player I had to go see my friends who do play. They all seem to swear by the i5 3570K as WoW only utilizes two cores and no multi-threading, so you wouldn't see any performance increase over the i5 with an i7 unless you plan on doing a lot of other tasks like live streaming while you play.

Long answer short, buy the i5 :)

EDIT: Actually to extend the answer a bit, if you have enough in the budget for an i7, then buy an i5 and use the leftover money to get another 8GB of RAM :)

Danny Pereira

Honorable
Jan 28, 2014
Im using an i5 4670k and I can raid 25mans with ease to be honest. Like Admiral said, unless you're planning on doing a fair few other tasks while you play go for an i5. Also, personally for gaming I would say 8gb ram is enough. If you do have money left in your budget however and you don't already have one i'd strongly recommend an SSD.