AMD FX-9370 vs Intel Core 4670K

Voxwel

Reputable
Mar 8, 2014
So, a guy told me that intel has only 4 cores, and we don't know if games are going to use 6 or 8 cores. He had an AMD fx-8350 and he said that intel is better than amd at gaming. What is your opinion? Wich one you will choose for gaming?

AgentTran

Honorable
Jan 21, 2014
I would go with the 4670k hands down.
Sure the AMD processor has more cores, but that means its single core performance is outmatched by the Intel's line.

Also, I am kind of an intel fanboy, so my opinion might be biased.

They're both great CPU's, but in the case that they are around the same price, I would rather go for the 4670k.

the 9370 isn't worth it, way too much heat and power consumption for the price. Intel does do good in single core performance, no doubt there. The I7 lines also has hyperthreading to be able to process 8 threads on its 4 cores.

If you have the money, intel is better hands down. If you don't, AMD's can be a great choice. I know for the past few weeks microcenters has the 8320 for $99 in-store only special. For $100, the 8320 will crush any $100 intel chip. In that case, AMD wins hands down. Especially since you OC the 8320 to at least 8350 speeds on stock. A bit of cooling and 4.5ghz is obtainable no problem, so for a $100, it rocks. When you start getting toward the regular price of the 8350 and the I5's are in that range, the I5 usually wins most benchmarks.

In Canada where I live, for some reason Intel is like 1.5x more expensive than AMD where in the states they are closer in price, so again for me, it came down to price. I could have gotten an I3 or a 8320. No contest there. If things were even in Canada, I probably would have went Intel.

Voxwel

Reputable
Mar 8, 2014
yeah... thank you, guys. But have you got any idea about how many cores games are going to use? I would probably go on Intel, but, if games are going to use more than 4 cores, I must upgrade the processor and the motherboard.

AshyCFC

Honorable
4cores is plenty fine for gaming.

People still game on dual cores Voxwel.

Just because the consoles have 8cores does not mean PC's will start to utilise them anytime soon and even if they do the 4670k will still be a strong processor.

Either buy the 4670K or the FX-8320 not this spaceheater known as the 9370.

I own an FX-8320 and love its performance as it's brilliant value for money but if you can afford it get the 4670K

Core count means nothing by the way.

AMD > Lots of weak cores
Intel > Less cores but stronger ones.

The 4670K is better than the FX-9370/8350/8320 but the 8320 is a worthy competitor due to its cost.

Voxwel

Reputable
Mar 8, 2014

Yes, i would overclock. In fact, i think i'm going to leave the cpu on 3.80 ghz.
I am from Romania. In my country, the AMD is expensiver than Intel. it is not a big diference, about $5.