Horizontal screen "noise" or interference with new 660ti only while in games on ultra?

oddlyenough

Honorable
Feb 5, 2014
Hi,

Just got a 660ti and loving it, but unfortunately I have an annoying problem when I play games. The weird thing is, this is noticeable when I am playing it on ultra. It's especially noticeable in dark scenes, I get horizontal screen "noise", a faint but noticeable interference, it's difficult to describe, it looks like very faint lines flashing very quickly across the screen. I want to doubt it's anything wrong with the card, could this be caused by something like my monitor refresh rate? It's 60hz if that makes a difference. I've tried playing with the vsync settings, turning it on helps but doesn't get rid of it in Witcher 2. Drivers are completely up to date. I upgraded from a 550ti and never had this issue, then again like I said, I'm running everything on ultra, which I couldn't do before. I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary while browsing though. I've opened up a few pictures and videos on my computer and they look normal, none of the screen "noise". Watching movies on netflix, etc. all works as it should. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you.

Edit: I think I am on to something, I was messing with the settings in Diablo 3. Everything was ultra. Turned vsync on, the problem is gone. Turned it off, the problem is back. How can I fix this? I've noticed that my games don't look as good with it on. Is it time for a new monitor? If so, what do I look for in a monitor?