Skywind Mod Updates Morrowind with Skyrim Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pherule

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2010
To be fair, this is the first time I've heard of this. I used to play Morrowind, not a lot, but enough to know that it's more in-depth than both Oblivion and Skyrim. Used to run it on a Pentium 3 with onboard graphics so had to have the graphics set on minimum, but I sure wouldn't mind trying it with brand new Skyrim graphics. The music people, remember the music.

jalek

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
Weren't they also looking to do this for Oblivion? I'm not sure they could even get close, the Skyrim engine apparently defaults to bleak and grey colors.

rajangel

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
I really love Morrowind. It's my favorite of the series, simply because there isn't a time limit or anything similar to that. Having the game get more difficult based on the hours you've played rather than your level really defeats the wonder of exploring the worlds. I feel rushed when playing Oblivion or Skyrim, because the longer I wait the more dragons, portals, monsters, etc appear. I know the newer games aren't really set up to pressure the player, but I still feel pressured. I was disappointed by Skyrim, but maybe it will be worth the purchase with the completion of this mod.

qlum

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2013
Lets hope this one gets further then its predesessor Morroblivion as they never really got to working quests as far as I know.

blppt

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2008
Lets hope this one gets further then its predesessor Morroblivion as they never really got to working quests as far as I know.
Nah, they got it up and running fairly well, FWIR...I managed to complete the main Morrowind quest without many hitches in Oblivion. Its kinda iffy on whether it was worth it though---the engine really struggled to render Morrowind even on a decent modern PC, and it didn't look/feel quite right, IMHO. But kudos to those who put forth the effort.This was more than a year ago I completed Morrowind's main quest, so its probably had even more side quests debugged by now.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
Will they finally bring back some of the morrowind style playable characters instead of the lazy oblivion and skyrim models which is essentially just the human model with different textures, and at best a different head model.

RewCore

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014
Play Path of Exile, It's 100% free with non game breaking micro transactions (custom item skins pretty much) and the skill tree will blow your mind!
Too bad you cant respec like in D3(and im not even a fan of D3). I dont have time to make 5 different characters of every class just to find the best build -_-

mrmike_49

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
I'm not really sure that Skyrim graphics would be an improvement: part of the charm of Morrowind is the 'magical' or fairyland look to the world. It is a MUCH more colorful world than Skyrim, which has a very limited palette as far as the landscape was concerned

david271749

Reputable
Feb 21, 2014

Have you heard of Elder Scrolls Online?It's Zenimax, but it's got Morrowind in it. This is intesting, but it's a modding team with too big of a project for little reward. I don't expect it to go far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS