Lookin to get some opinions on my first gaming rig.

Rocteruen

Reputable
Mar 10, 2014
Hey there! Thanks for takin a look. As I said, this will be my first build, and I'd love to here what you've all got to say about this gaming build I've put together.

Keep in mind my budget is about $1200.00, and that being said I'm trying to squeeze as much performance as I can out of this system.

I'm fairly confident that these components will work together, but if you notice anything that won't, please let me know and explain why.

Also is the wireless adaptor necessary with this motherboard? It only specifies that it has a LAN 10/100/1000mbps, I think thats for an ethernet connection.

I know 8gbs of ram is decent and the storage is low but I've made sure there is room to upgrade both areas when the funds come in. I am worried about having only an SSD. As opposed to both SSD and a normal HD.

Check it out, and tell my your thoughts!
Thanks again!

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Rocteruen/saved/40Cn

Solution
thats a nice looking build, rock solid reliability, fast and efficient. im sure you will enjoy for years to come. the only thing i would change is to get a motherboard that supports sli. in the future you will want to add a second 770, like the majority of us do.

BradleyJames

Reputable
Feb 18, 2014
thats a nice looking build, rock solid reliability, fast and efficient. im sure you will enjoy for years to come. the only thing i would change is to get a motherboard that supports sli. in the future you will want to add a second 770, like the majority of us do.

Solution
I suggest a 2x4GB kit of ram, dual channel gives better performance for about the same price. If you were planning on another 8GB stick later, that's a bit risky. Buying ram in a kit ensures optimum compatibility, so if you really feel the need to upgrade to 16GB ram later, it would be safer to get a 2x8GB kit then.

With that small an SSD you'll have to be careful about how many programs you install, and maybe only keep 1 or 2 games installed at a time.

As far as needing the wireless adapter, you'd have to tell us. If a wired connection is possible for you, you don't need it. If a wired connection would involve routing the cable through doors, across walls/ceilings, etc. the wireless adapter would probably be worth it.