GTX 770 SLI 1 big monitor or 3 small/medium monitors

nickcauthon

Honorable
Jan 1, 2014
Right now I've got GTX 770 4GB running in SLI connected to my 47" LED HDTV with 480hz refresh rate. TV is great for blu-ray movies and sports, games look amazing as well! Just wondering if I'd gain or lose anything going with a triple monitor setup? If the multi-monitor setup is better which are the best monitors for this?

Also since I currently only have 1 monitor/tv if I was to sale the other card would I notice any difference in preformance?

Solution
3 monitors will give your more resolution (5760x1080p) at the expense of bezel frames and waiting for sli/crossfire implementation into a game. You will want both 770's for this setup. This can actually be annoying in some games that aren't FPS or racing.

I've always liked dual monitor setups(1 for gaming and 1 for multitasking) better. You could get a 2560x1440P 27" monitor with a 144Hz refresh rate. Asus and BenQ have a couple models. A single GTX 770 4GB could power a dual monitor setup just fine.
3 monitors will give your more resolution (5760x1080p) at the expense of bezel frames and waiting for sli/crossfire implementation into a game. You will want both 770's for this setup. This can actually be annoying in some games that aren't FPS or racing.

I've always liked dual monitor setups(1 for gaming and 1 for multitasking) better. You could get a 2560x1440P 27" monitor with a 144Hz refresh rate. Asus and BenQ have a couple models. A single GTX 770 4GB could power a dual monitor setup just fine.

Solution

leeb2013

Honorable
I moved from a 42" TV to 3 22" monitors and it's definitely worth it. It takes a little while to get used to it as stuff is going on in your peripheral vision, but once you do going back to 1 monitor, no matter how big, feels like you're wearing blinkers and missing half the action!

Your 770 SLI should power 3 monitors easily.

By the way the 480Hz refresh of your TV is marketing speak, your PC is still only sending 60fps to the TV, but the TV makes up frames to insert and bump up the frame rate to make action appear smoother.