Check My Specs

redsn0

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014
Hello, I am planning to build my first and my last gaming pc.
I will be using the pc mostly for gaming, and many other stuff.
Can you guys tell me what you think?
Please tell me if my specs are good.
Also please make sure the PC wont bottleneck.
And one more question, as you can see at the bottom, it says the height for the fan may not fit, how can I make sure? Any recommendations for fans?
Note that I don't want liquid cooling and I will not be Overclocking.
Specs:
http://pcpartpicker.com/user/redsn0/saved/3ZCG

spat55

Distinguished
If you are not overclocking you might aswell drop the Z87 chipset or get a K version so you have the option later on. If I were you I would get a 550w PSU to save money and get a GTX 770 with the money saved along with dropping your RAM to 8GB too.

CRITICALThinker

Distinguished
Looks to be a good build with no issues. You have spent more in some areas that others may not have, and I personally have not had good experience with PCIe x1. There looks to be clearance for the CPU cooler.

barto

Expert
Ambassador
Spat offered some good advice. Switch out the 4770 for a 4770k with the Z87 motherboard. Or switch out the Z87 for a H87 motherboard and save a few bucks. And unless you plan on buying another 760 for SLI, Spat is right again. Drop down to a 600W PSU and get a 770GTX for more power. Nice case too. I've wanted that one for a little while now. But I settled on a micro case for a smaller build in general.

redsn0

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014

Okay thanks, what should I do with the cooler?