Eyefinity two monitors same res(1366X768) on a 7850 card don't seem to work need a fix.

Jedicomputers

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014
When I put in a 7850 card and set both displays to 1366X768, and try to start SLS eyefinity monitors change to 1600X1200 and 1200 and something by something, can't tell won't tell me but leaves a giant black bar on top. I am using a Samsung 1080p monitor in DVI, and an Upstar 780p with a VGA hookup. Since these are my first two displays, I am confused why I have a problem and why the Eyefinity changes resolution when I would like the res to remain the same in both screens but just merge.(2732X1536)

Jedicomputers

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014
I know this is weird, but I am answering my own question, since I couldn't sleep until I fixed it. Am I OCD or what!!!

It had to do with trying different settings on video scaling in catalyst. Not Quite sure why this worked, but others can play with video scaling to fix the bar on some of the monitor set-ups. I hope this helped someone else having the same problem.

Had VGA do Full-Image scaling, and even though this didn't fix the odd changes in resolution it fixed the dreaded bar.

I then had to use catalyst to change resolution of display by going to the eyefinty multidisplay tab and using the sub-tab that allows the changing of resolution of SLS(eyefinity) Mode.

Oh, and I made a typo should be 720p not 780p. It seems the issue is that analog is not supported by AMD software so it takes a guess and guesses wrong