eyefinity 2 monitor set up

Kyle Stertz

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014
I cant seem to get my second monitor/tv sanusi 720p hd monitor to work with my radeon 7850 through HDMI i have tried alot of the options in windows and catalyst control center. the monitor is recognized, though catalyst says it has a higher reported resolution than it should and its not adjustable. Also i get picture on both screens when i uninstall my drivers. As soon as i reinstall its blank.

Solution
I had a similar problem but with a bar and VGA instead of HDMI.

It had to do with trying different settings on video scaling in catalyst. Not Quite sure why this worked, but others can play with video scaling to fix the bar on some of the monitor set-ups. I hope this helped someone else having the same problem.

I then had to use catalyst to change resolution of display by going to the eyefinty multidisplay tab and using the sub-tab that allows the changing of resolution of SLS(eyefinity) Mode. This didn't fix the different resolution problems, but allowed me to adjust the wacky resolutions eyefinity gave me to something more usable.

Jedicomputers

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014
I had a similar problem but with a bar and VGA instead of HDMI.

It had to do with trying different settings on video scaling in catalyst. Not Quite sure why this worked, but others can play with video scaling to fix the bar on some of the monitor set-ups. I hope this helped someone else having the same problem.

I then had to use catalyst to change resolution of display by going to the eyefinty multidisplay tab and using the sub-tab that allows the changing of resolution of SLS(eyefinity) Mode. This didn't fix the different resolution problems, but allowed me to adjust the wacky resolutions eyefinity gave me to something more usable.

Solution

Kyle Stertz

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014

So i called amd. What is wrong is my tv edid was not compatable or being recognized properly through the HDMI port so I couldnt force the right resolution ended up getting a hdmi vga for my main monitor. With the tv that was having problems i ran a dvi to vga adaptor, because it apparently is impossible to make the hdmi work.

Jedicomputers

Reputable
Mar 11, 2014
Kyle the problem is that AMD wants you to run all display ports or active adapters on MST hubs. They will tell people they don't support things, but if you play around with things you may not have to buy more stuff. Just because they don't like or support something doesn't mean you can't make it work and save a buck or two.