Advice on new gaming computer

1david10

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014
I'm looking to buy a new Gaming Computer and I'm far from an expert about these things so I was hoping to get some advice. The set up includes the following:

- Motherboard: Asus H81M-Plus, Intel H81 with USB3
- CPU: Intel Core i5 4440, 3.1GHz Quad Core
- RAM: 8 GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 1600MHz
- GPU: 3GB XFX Radeon R9 280X Boost

I'm getting a 120gb SSD to run along side the 1 TB HDD also.

Being pretty much a novice with this kind of thing I'm not sure if there are any issues you can see with this set up? Anything that stands out as being a problem? Any components that would hold the system back? Also what kind of FPS could I expect playing modern games (Skyrim, BF4 etc) with this system?

Thanks in advance.

William2014

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014
Hey man, I'm not a expert in Intel, but I know the i5 is a great chip. I think some people will recommend the 3570K or 4670. I know the Mobo is compatible, but I think their is better option Mobo that someone with more experience will recommend.

As for your GPU it will run amazing. I'm always jealous when I see people with great GPUs. For reference I run a GTX660 which runs BF4 at 30-40 @ Ultra, 50-60 @ High. Skyrim even though I don't have I know it's not even close to intensive as BF4 even with mods. Your GPU will destroy any game you throw at it. Don't worry you won't be lacking in gaming experience at all.

Good luck with your build man!

1david10

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014
Thanks for the reply! The last time I tried to buy a decent gaming PC I didn't do much research and ended up sinking about £800 on what was basically an expensive paper weight so I was a little worried about trying again. I was mainly worried about the CPU and motherboard as I have literally no idea about those things You've put any concerns to rest now so thanks a lot!