What are mail in rebates?

krauser126

Honorable
Mar 12, 2014
What are rebates? It says I get this discount from mail in rebates, but when I go to buy my [arts for my PC build, the rebate discount isn't included. How do i get this discount? Thanks!

Solution
It's a MAIL in rebate. So after you buy the product you mail in proof of purchase and then you get mailed the rebate. So say you buy a CPU cooler with a ten dollar mail in rebate well when you get the cooler you'd get, I believe, the upc code from the box and mail that in with the appropriate paperwork found on the manufacturers website and then get that money (the $10) in the mail

thdarkshadow

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
It's a MAIL in rebate. So after you buy the product you mail in proof of purchase and then you get mailed the rebate. So say you buy a CPU cooler with a ten dollar mail in rebate well when you get the cooler you'd get, I believe, the upc code from the box and mail that in with the appropriate paperwork found on the manufacturers website and then get that money (the $10) in the mail

Solution

brethrenigarashi

Honorable
Jan 8, 2014

A mail in rebate is one where you have to fill out a form they give you or have you print off, then you mail it to wherever it tells you to and you also usually include the upc code from off the box.

It can take several weeks or months to receive the rebate. Many times, you never get it.

krauser126

Honorable
Mar 12, 2014

Why do you never get it?

jben04

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2013
Ive always got my mail in rebates, most of the time the company provides a tracking number so you can track your rebate,ans they do offer an expedited service for a $2.00 fee.
All the ones i have received have been the credit card type gift cards.