R9 280x TOP wich powersupply do i need?

FloppyPallex

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
Hello forum,

I'm getting the R9 280x TOP, but wich powersupply do i need for it?

i would prefer to stay as cheap as possible, but i don't want problems to come
here is my full build my big plan

Processor:Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell - Box

CPU Kølere:Corsair Hydro H80i High Performance

Bundkort:ASUSZ87-K (C2) - Haswell

Hukommelse:Kingston HyperX Gen DDR3-1600 DC - 8GB

Grafikkort:ASUS Radeon R9 280X TOP - 3GB GDDR5

Harddisk 1:Western Digital WD Black - 3TB + Samsung 840 EVO SSD - 120GB

Kabinet:Cooler master Scout 2 advanced gaming.

Strømforsyning:Corsair CX750M - 750W PSU/Corsair RM650 Gold - 650W PSU

Sorry for the language.

But as im low on money im gonna put the Graphics card and CPU in and older computer

Specs:
i5-2300
PC3-10600 2*2 gb ram
MSI-Ms 7707
Harddisc not really sure about that but something like this Seagate Barracuda 2TB 5900rpm

So yeah the main thing is it should be able to run the main build but could it also run in my old?

FloppyPallex.

STACKS ON DECK

Distinguished
don't buy that cx and rm series PSU . . RM series PSU are having big heatup problem . . cause fan doesn't spin until 40% load . no matter what the temperature is . . go for seasonic or if in corsair so TX and if low on budget so corsair GS600 or 700 will be a perfect option

FloppyPallex

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013

Thanks for the help and i would never afford a 2nd card so that wont be necasseray.

FloppyPallex

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013

Seasonic M12II Bronze - 750W PSU it's the only seasonic i can likely afford 650w gold is way too expensive.

asking you both is the 750w bronze or 550w gold best (Both seasonic) ?

Thanks for the help.

It costs around 200 dollars, but I have one and think it's worth it. Corsair AX860i. The AXi series of PSU's are the only digital PSU's on the market. This translates into it having the tightest voltage control of any PSU on the market. It comes with a 7 year warranty (which you may as well say is a lifetime warranty. How many of us have kept a rig for over 7 years? None. LOL The computer is a dinosaur by then). It also comes with Corsair Link, which gives you full control over everything in and associated with the PSU in real time. The software is free to download from Corsair and the Link module comes with the PSU. 860 watts is ideal for running a single GPU. The PSU is also fully modular. Given the chance to go back, I'd buy it again. Oh yeah.....and it's "Platinum" rated, meaning it's 92% efficient. That's the highest rating you can get.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Either one will be fine. Naturally, gold is more efficient than bronze. But bronze should be fine. And if Crossfire is out of the question, then you can save a bunch by going with the smaller PSU.