Titanfall Issues with GTX 660 ti

klecka27

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
I normally would just lower my settings and deal with it, but I am seeing many people with similar systems playing this game on max. I try, and I get major FPS drops. I can run the game fine, but it's not close to maxed out. I cranked down texture detail, AA and a few other settings and got it to run pretty well. I don't want to drop the resolution, and would prefer to continue running at 1920x1080. Can anyone share some expertise on why other machines with the same GPU and slower processors can run this better than I can? Also, when I am tweaking the settings...which are the first settings you all would sacrifice?

Build:
Rosewill BLACKHAWK ATX Gaming Enclosure (6 fans)
Asus M5a97 AM3+ Motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 660Ti SUPERCLOCKED
AMD FX-8120 8-Core Black Edition 3.1ghz (not o/c)
16gb(4x4gb) G.Skill RipJaw DDR3 1600
120gb OCZ Agility SSD(OS)
Western Digital Black 1TB HDD (Game Installs)
OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W
Sound Blaster Z 5.1 pcie

Alex_Carrots

Reputable
Mar 13, 2014
@azzazel, OCing the cpu and gpu should solve the problem but it still doesn't factor out that the card might have some issues because a gtx 660 ti can most likely run titanfall on 60 fps + since my gtx 760 can handle it fine on maxed out settings. The only way many poeple have resolved this is by downloading drivers but if you said you've already done that it could mean that your card is a bit buggy, that or you are using high cpu usage during your gameplay which bottlenecks the gpu, trying clearing out tasks when you start titanfall, this should give you more performance than what you have right now.

korosukun

Honorable
Jul 24, 2012
I have the same problem... i have ASUS GTX 660 TI Direct CU II.. but i can only run titanfall smoothly without lag when setting texture to medium and turning off V-sync, AA and filters but others settings are set to high and 1080p resolution..

i tried to re install windows 7 64 bit for it might solve the problem but actually it didnt..

my rig:
i5 2500
asrock z68 xtreme 3 gen 3
2 x 4 gb ballistic by crucial elite
standard HDDs
silverstone 600 watts modular PSU

just a thought though, maybe my CPU is not strong enough to handle titanfall...

leeb2013

Honorable
Titanfall barely uses the CPU due to almost a complete absence of any physics, so don't both oc that. It pushes the GPU a bit though, despite the crappy graphics, so use openhardwaremonitor so see if your GPU is at 100% and if it's holding its rated max clocks.

klecka27

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012

That is what it was for me. I had been wanting to switch to intel for a while now, so I ended up rebuilding my rig with a new cpu/motherboard. Ended up getting an ASRock Extreme 4 Z87 motherboard and an Intel i7 4770k. It maxed out just fine (without high AA). I then saw a killer deal on craigslist for a second EVGA 660 ti, and decided to buy it so I could SLI. For the record, 660 ti's in SLI are beastly (as long as your PSU can handle it). I have been able to max everything I throw at it at 1080p/60fps. Titanfall, Bioshock Infinite, Crysis 3, and the list goes on. Definitely was my CPU or motherboard that had problems.

sapiensl

Reputable
Apr 12, 2014

The reason for this (i have the same problem) is that you need a minimum of 3gb vram on your card for all the texture assets to fit on it(on Insane). If you don't have that much space the computer will be stuck in a loading loop through the entire game reloading textures that were kicked out of the vram earlier. If you have an indication lamp that lights up according to hdd usage. Watch it as you play. You'll see it is working permanently. That causes the drop in framerate.

You might not read this, but for everyone else, here is the answer :) Lower your texture settings to Very High and you are good to go!