Studying for A+ Certification

DonnyTechMaster

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013
Hi, I'm currently in the process of studying for my A+ certification. I plan to take the 801 and 802 tests some time next year, so I have a lot of time to study (they are being offered at my high school). I was just wondering if someone who has taken the tests already has any studying methods; websites, tutorials, etc.

Solution
I just completed my test 1 week ago. I purchased the Comptia A+ 220-801 and 802 In Depth by Jean Andrews PH.D I bought it for the Nook <Windows 8 App> it was VERY good. I did NOT care for the Mike Myer's Passport that I purchased a few months ago. It was NOT detailed enough. I have been working as a freelance PC repair for a long time, so most of it was old news. They do have a few simulations on the test. They had a lot of connector questions. Not a lot of "speed" related things. A TON of security questions.
All in all though, the 801 is the harder one. One of the other websites that I was looking over as well is: http://www.techexams.net/forums/a/
Download some of the practice tests for Android. There is a few practice tests on...

Freakboi_pa

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
I just completed my test 1 week ago. I purchased the Comptia A+ 220-801 and 802 In Depth by Jean Andrews PH.D I bought it for the Nook <Windows 8 App> it was VERY good. I did NOT care for the Mike Myer's Passport that I purchased a few months ago. It was NOT detailed enough. I have been working as a freelance PC repair for a long time, so most of it was old news. They do have a few simulations on the test. They had a lot of connector questions. Not a lot of "speed" related things. A TON of security questions.
All in all though, the 801 is the harder one. One of the other websites that I was looking over as well is: http://www.techexams.net/forums/a/
Download some of the practice tests for Android. There is a few practice tests on that website as well.

Solution

DonnyTechMaster

Honorable
Dec 29, 2013

Thanks for the quick response. I might try the book you mentioned, and I'm definitely going to check out the android tests. I'm really glad that our high school is integrated with the local career center, because without that I probably would have never been introduced to computer sciences career field, and I would have never been able to build my own pc. I'll be taking the tests next year when I'm 17, and my teacher said that he has vouchers for the test so it will only cost $100 for both tests (thank god, because I have to pay for this junk myself :D). Anyway thanks for the advice, and wish me luck!

Freakboi_pa

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2006
Wish you luck on the test. It's good your school is doing that. And at 100 bucks for both tests, that is a great deal!
You could also go to Barnes and Nobel and look through the books their. They normally don't mind looking through them. Look for books that have way too much info. LOL It's better to have too much, then not enough.