Frustrated Facebook Founder Calls Obama About NSA Spying

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2N hater

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
We can always say facebook users are used to privacy breaches, right? Now tell us what NSA does to akamai and all the DNS services around the globe.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
Zuckerman just needs to hit them where it hurts and spend 1 billion running adds against all sitting politicians who continue to support funding for the NSA. Then put a banner on everyone's FB page reminding them who to vote against in their home state.

I wish you guys could all figure this out for yourself. All of this makes sense when you do. I'm not going to discuss it with you because i support the the cause and method that is in play here and if you understood you would too. A government willing to take blame and be discredited in order to protect the people in a way that they will never know is a noble purpose. You just have to know that every name in this article is absolutely working for the same plan even if some may not appear to be.

longshotthe1st

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2010
I wish you guys could all figure this out for yourself. All of this makes sense when you do. I'm not going to discuss it with you because i support the the cause and method that is in play here and if you understood you would too. A government willing to take blame and be discredited in order to protect the people in a way that they will never know is a noble purpose. You just have to know that every name in this article is absolutely working for the same plan even if some may not appear to be.
You mean like how the NSA protected us from 9/11, Ft. Hood, or Boston Marathon Bombing? Name 1 attack that the NSA prevented since you have it all figured out.

milktea

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Mark Zuckerberg must be dreaming. The Government will always have control. Anything that prevents control from the Gov will deem illegal.

abimocorde

Honorable
Sep 23, 2013
We can always say facebook users are used to privacy breaches, right? Now tell us what NSA does to akamai and all the DNS services around the globe.
akamai being from Israel, pretty sure you can figure it out easy. :p

Master467

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013

Yeah, if he was serious this is what he would do...
But hes not. Its probably a farce, but at least its spreading the word....

waikano

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2008
"The firm also says that "all of NSA's operations are strictly conducted under the rule of law.""

I have a bridge to sell anyone interested?

Attacks will always happen, you can't stop everything. The reason you can't think of attacks that the NSA prevented is because they didn't happen. And the fact that the NSA is making it impossible for the bad guys to use modern technology to communicate, slows them down immensely. Can you imagine how many attacks there would be if terrorists could simply talk and plan attacks using Facebook PMs? It would be too easy. But if you make them resort to couriers and in-person meetings, well then that slows things down a lot. It's not about stopping ever one, it's about reducing the amount and making it very hard to pull off. You are not going to see any news stories about that. And that is the way the NSA likes it.

Sep 22, 2013
REMEMBER: THIS IS NOT A WEBSITE FOR POLITICAL DEBATE. There are plenty of other forums on the internet for that purpose.If you want to talk politics we have a sub forum just for that purpose: I'm]http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/forum-65.html
I'm not sure how you differentiate comments about a politically motivated article from those about political debate, but discussing this article is inevitably going to bring up concerns around how the NSA handles things which is a political subject. I don't think it's right to condemn opinions surrounding this as debate.

g-unit1111

Titan

Yeah it's definitely a tricky subject but these kinds of threads always devolve into personal attacks and infighting. I have been around the internet way too long and this type of discussion never ends well. What may start out as a harmless debate usually provokes lots and lots of personal attacks and infighting between users - and this isn't the forum for that, so we moderators usually try to stop it before it starts.

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Attacks will always happen, you can't stop everything. The reason you can't think of attacks that the NSA prevented is because they didn't happen. And the fact that the NSA is making it impossible for the bad guys to use modern technology to communicate, slows them down immensely. Can you imagine how many attacks there would be if terrorists could simply talk and plan attacks using Facebook PMs? It would be too easy. But if you make them resort to couriers and in-person meetings, well then that slows things down a lot. It's not about stopping ever one, it's about reducing the amount and making it very hard to pull off. You are not going to see any news stories about that. And that is the way the NSA likes it.
You'd better be careful, using logic around here. People here don't like that.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
When our engineers work tirelessly to improve security
Pot meet kettle. The reason the NSA spoofed Facebook is because they weren't using secured connections and were vulnerable to man in the middle attacks. Anyone who listens to Zuckerburg's tirad and agrees with him is a moron. It's like blaming the police for snooping on you when you leave your doors, windows, garage door, and webcams open to the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.