In Pictures: Tom's Hardware's 30 Most Popular PC Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starcraft 1. There is still hope for Toms :D.Many games that are here I must admit I never played, but I can aggree with some titles like Doom3 (oh man, when this came out it was crazy, I can only pray they do such a great job with Doom 4).Skyrim is rather obvious but Id rather see morrowind here.I also agree on D2 over D3, but D2 came to life when gaming was much less popular.WoW is no suprise :D.Tomb raider 2 is cute, but I sort of would have liked to see a Price of persia title in here. Nostalgia and all.

knowom

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2006
4If I had to pick a top 3 from this list it would be Everquest, Counter Strike, and Skyrim.The fact that league of legends isn't on this list is beyond fail especially when they put Diablo 3 on the list that's just trolling.

Divyanshu Sah

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
On what basis have they made this article . If it is on the basis of no. of copies sold. Then they must include gta 5 which sold around 32.5 million copies and what about call of duty.

AlbertXi

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
Guys this is a POPULAR list based on units SOLD is not about what is a good game, that is why there is Diablo 3 instead of 2.

sdutton007

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
"Baldur’s Gate is a role-playing game (RPG) with sales exceeding two million units. Released in 1998, it is the first title to be set in the famous Forgotten Realms, and is heavily inspired by Advanced Dungeons & Dragons."There were many other titles set in the Forgotten Realms before BG, and it is not inspired by AD&D. AD&D is the set of rules that BG runs on.

joditas

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
It says "Most Popular *PC* Games", so GTA 5 wouldn't qualify, at least not yet. GTA San Andreas has PC version but available data seems to indicate most of sales are generated from consoles, same for CoD series.Not sure about Diablo 2, I thought it should be on the list, maybe Diablo 3 does sell more due to its modern status and anticipation.Well PC gamers, time to step up :)

joditas

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
League of Legends is free, so not sold!!! can you guys read or not?
To be fair, the title "popular" can be ambiguous and doesn't fit the description on page one, which says "sold" numbers are used. The title needs to change to "30 best-selling PC games".

joditas

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
League of Legends is free, so not sold!!! can you guys read or not?
To be fair, the title "popular" can be ambiguous and doesn't fit the description on page one, which says "sold" numbers are used. The title needs to change to "30 best-selling PC games".

teknic111

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007

Download DOSBox DOS emulator and you can play it on your modern machine.

bloodroses75

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
And they say piracy is killing the computer industry. By those sales numbers, you'd believe otherwise. People are smart enough to buy a game when it's good instead of wasting money on buggy or complete messes of games that use piracy for their excuse for a lack of sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS