CM 120mm fans are vibrating, making racket.

lockhrt999

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
Hi,
I have CM690 Gen1 cabinet (2009 model) and it came with 3 120mm fans. System is being powered by CM extreme power 600W PSU.

When I use any of those fan in horizontal fashion, most of the time when I start/wake the system, the fan starts to vibrate and make loud racket. I really have to put my fingers into the fan to slow it a little and then let it go and only after that the fan operates silently.

No matter where I put any of those fans inside my case the story is same. It's been happening since they were only 1 year old. One of them is transparent which had 4 blue leds running for first few weeks. Others are black.

Note: Fans vibrate only when I start\wake up the system. They vibrate a lot more if I start the system in the morning. Fans vibrate only when they are used horizontally. If they are used vertically no vibs at all.

I also have 2 el cheapo non branded chinese 120mm fans running in the same system but they are silent as grave.

Can anyone tell me why these fans vibrate?

lockhrt999

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010

It explains. May be I'll avoid CM from now on. I have like bazillion complaints on the only CM product I've bought.
Thanks for your input.