Radeon HD 4670 is able to handle two 27 inch 2560x1440 Yamakasi monitors!

jojo2211

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
Sorry if this is the wrong forum but I just want to let those curious know that the Radeon HD 4670 (New for just $22 on eBay) is able to handle my two 27 inch 2560x1440 Yamakasi monitors! I almost purchased a $200 card which people say you need to run these monitors but that's not the case at all. The HD 4670 runs it just fine!

jojo2211

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014

Yeah. I only use it for programming/video editing and general use. It works great! I'm so happy that I didn't buy into people telling me i needed to purchase a high end GPU. I purchaed my monitors from ebay and the sellers listed that you need atleast HD 69xx to run dual monitor setup. That's so BS.

Yeah, maybe to play games at playable framerates lol Using them as simple monitors for normal tasks requires very little power from the GPU, since everything is rendered 2-D, and there's no textures to deal with like in gaming. Now, if you were 3D modeling/rendering, it'd be a different story lol

To clarify though, you'll want to make sure you it has dual-link DVI ports, and that your monitors support them. Regular DVI can't support that high.