Computer only stays on for a few seconds

Irshund

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014
Just wondering why my computer only stays on for a few seconds before switching off. I had an issue with my computer where it would randomly freeze up. It would not restart itself or shutdown, just the audio, video, and cursor would freeze and I could not do anything (including CTRL + ALT + DEL). Each time it froze I had to manually shut down the computer, and it got to the point where the computer could not even start up without freezing. That was the first problem, now my computer only boots up for a few seconds before shutting itself down. I think during all of the manual shutdowns I damaged something but I'm not sure what. I tried replacing the motherboard to no avail, I have tried unplugging everything but a stick of RAM and the motherboard and it still occurs. What could be causing this?

Irshund

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014

Sorry I just updated the entire thing with details, I tried each stick of RAM and none of them solved it. Even tried different memory slots.

Irshund

Reputable
Mar 14, 2014

Unfortunately I don't. I'm thinking of trying to buy one but I just lost my job so cash is a bit tight unfortunately.