Hard Drive Disappearance

Firthro

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
I posted here before and thought my problem had been solved but after a few days my problem came back. I could be using my computer and all of a sudden my computer will restart and the hard drive has disappeared. I usually open the case, wiggle the wires a bit and everything works fine for a while.
It is a new WD black 1TB drive 7200 RPM

I have tried:
switching sata ports
switching cables.
switching PSU power cable
Using the WD data lifeguard diagnostic tool, all tests came back okay.

Just before I blame the drive I want to make sure it is the problem

I do have a secondary hard drive that I never seem to have a problem with. but I don't use it much and the problem tends to happen more when the hard drive is under load. I put my finger on the drive after it disappeared and it physically stops moving/vibrating which leads me to believe its shutting off. no unusual noises during operation. I am not aware of any heat problems. my case is well ventilated and has fans to make sure the air is constantly moving.

Is there anything else I should try before sending the hard drive out to be replaced?

My motherboard is an ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 and is new, bought same time as the hard drive in question
Also a new SeaSonic 620W PSU barely a month old.

Firthro

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013

Okay will do, ill try that now and ill let you know how it goes.

Firthro

Honorable
Oct 14, 2013
Sorry for so many posts but i switched the SATA setting from ahci to IDE and it scanned but then said it wasnt a compatible version and that i should contact WD for a version to scan the drive with.